Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:59 pm 

not something I like doing but we have had to terminate the employment of 2 booking and dispatch staff. 1 because she had a bad telephone manner with customers and drivers and the other for feeding work to certain drivers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:51 pm 

grandad wrote:
not something I like doing but we have had to terminate the employment of 2 booking and dispatch staff. 1 because she had a bad telephone manner with customers and drivers and the other for feeding work to certain drivers.

i thought those were the 2 main qualifications to be a base op!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm 

grandad wrote:

Not as bad as taking them out back and shooting them. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
If you don't get in quick the damage is always much worse

I always find that the best and fairest board ops are always drivers they understand how to distribute work fairly

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:20 pm 

grandad wrote:

What has happened to the certain drivers?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:12 pm 

Sussex wrote:

I'd hazard a guess that they now "uncertain".

:badgrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 am 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

Nothing yet. This was not the first time that the base op had done this. He was warned last autumn when he was feeding one driver a shed load of work. It was actually this driver who complained that she was never getting a break when her husband, who also works for us was doing hardly anything. Not the brightest thing to do. This weekend though he surpassed himself. Obviously there is not as much work aroung as there was before Christmas and he was feeding work to both my son and me whilst other drivers were sat around. now that was realy stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 pm 

Am I alone in thinking why was a male base op was feeding a married female driver ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm 

Midlife martyr wrote:
Am I alone in thinking why was a male base op was feeding a married female driver ?
He only got married himself last year. Who knows what he was thinking. One thing for sure is that it was not sexual.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 pm 

Find me a base op that isn't bent and I'll bear my swingers in the middle of Nottingham. Like someone mentioned up the thread, the best base ops are ex drivers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:36 pm 

I always notice when it's very quiet we get loads of messages saying 'minibus needed here' , 'minibus required there'. Yet on a busy night never see such messages..........Guess what vehicles the bosses own ? :?: :?

Also we each average 3 airport runs a year, yet one of the bosses minibusses managed to do four last week !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
Find me a base op that isn't bent and I'll bear my swingers in the middle of Nottingham. Like someone mentioned up the thread, the best base ops are ex drivers.

This chap is an ex driver.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 am 

sasha wrote:
I always notice when it's very quiet we get loads of messages saying 'minibus needed here' , 'minibus required there'. Yet on a busy night never see such messages..........Guess what vehicles the bosses own ? :?: :?

Also we each average 3 airport runs a year, yet one of the bosses minibusses managed to do four last week !

This is where we are a bit different. We would rather the drivers get the work. If it looks like being slow my son and I are the first to log off and give the other drivers the extra work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 pm 

grandad wrote:
sasha wrote:

This is where we are a bit different. We would rather the drivers get the work. If it looks like being slow my son and I are the first to log off and give the other drivers the extra work.

A big well done. It is imo the proper way of building a business where drivers will stay, and importantly drivers will want to come. I know of one business in Newport (Gwent), who over the years have lost 100+ drivers, (yes 100 +), because the two brothers who run it take as much as they can, of the distance work for themselves. The drivers eventually find out about it, meaning that the £150/200 job that they have taken, ends up losing them 5k per year per driver for ever and a day............how stupid.

Word will travel that a fair firm exists, as they say "Slowly slowly catchee monkey" =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:32 pm 

yesterday i passed the office and saw the owners car and 3 of his "favoured" cars all there, i said at the time something must be going on.

sure enough this morning me and the lad both got "what time you starting" texts

the "chosen few" are not to be seen