Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: insurance for eu drivers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17173
Anyone know who will insure a new driver from the EU who has not been a resident here before?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 am
Posts: 9427
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
grandad wrote:
Anyone know who will insure a new driver from the EU who has not been a resident here before?


Good luck


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17173
Interesting, I can't find a single insurer who will cover a driver who has not been a resident for at least 2 years. How do all the drivers brought in by people like driver providers get them covered? (or aren't they covered?)

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 2190
How does U**r manage it with their migrant drivers?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 40737
Location: 1066 Country
grandad wrote:
Interesting, I can't find a single insurer who will cover a driver who has not been a resident for at least 2 years. How do all the drivers brought in by people like driver providers get them covered? (or aren't they covered?)

Does that include adding to your fleet insurance?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17173
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
Interesting, I can't find a single insurer who will cover a driver who has not been a resident for at least 2 years. How do all the drivers brought in by people like driver providers get them covered? (or aren't they covered?)

Does that include adding to your fleet insurance?

Yes. Must have been a resident for a minimum of 2 years. Some of the insurers I spoke to today wanted at least 5 years.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21500
Location: A City near Birmingham
Hoe does a migrant here a short time get a DBS check?

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 am
Posts: 9427
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
wannabeeahack wrote:
Hoe does a migrant here a short time get a DBS check?


He gets a letter of good conduct off Ebay


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17173
Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Hoe does a migrant here a short time get a DBS check?


He gets a letter of good conduct off Ebay

or their country of origin.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 am
Posts: 9427
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Hoe does a migrant here a short time get a DBS check?


He gets a letter of good conduct off Ebay

or their country of origin.


Or the local bribe taker


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21500
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Hoe does a migrant here a short time get a DBS check?


He gets a letter of good conduct off Ebay

or their country of origin.



sounds reliable....not


ive got photshop

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group