Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 171  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:06 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
RESULT
Customer was ordered to pay this afternoon. Payment link for the £150 fare plus £35 court fee sent to customer. Paid within 2 minutes.

200 bad fake reviews heading your way as we speak

So I should have let them get away with it because of the possibility of a bad review. I don't think so.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:38 pm 

Servers going down for 12 hours.

:sad:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:49 pm 

Quote:
So I should have let them get away with it because of the possibility of a bad review. I don't think so.

Does anyone really checks cab firms online for reviews?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:44 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:

I thought it was my anti virus software getting even more restrictive about sites I can log into

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:21 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:

I thought it was my anti virus software getting even more restrictive about sites I can log into

going down on those sites is the norm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:39 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:

100s of sites were affected. :sad:

Needed the super dupa boffins to sort I'm told.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:06 pm 

Tescos now have all their offers restricted to club card only :sad:

luckily one of my ex customers was in store and he used his club card to get me the deal :D

all those heavily discounted trips with him and his fishing gear paid off \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:48 am 

edders23 wrote:
Tescos now have all their offers restricted to club card only :sad:

Been like that for a year at least now, and because I do most of my shopping in Tesco, signed up for a Clubcard a few years ago now, although I normally avoid loyalty cards and the like.

They give you a couple of keyfobs as well as the card, so it's always in my pocket with the car keys, so can't even remember even using the card.

And they send two or three pounds in vouchers every now and again that can be scanned at the tills :-|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:28 pm 

Preferred Pronouns.

](*,)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:41 am 

Energy company sent me an email yesterday stating that they were increasing my direct debit from 19 September to cover the increase in fuel price. They included their estimate of my usage over the next 6 months and took off my current credit balance of around £180.00. I contacted them on their autobot system and eventually got into a queue to speak to a person. I was number 190 in the queue.
I waited patiently for over an hour to get to speak to the person (via text) and asked why my direct debit was being increased BEFORE the new price comes in on October 1st by which time my credit balance will be around £260.00 and also why their calculation did not include the £66.00 per month already promised from the Government let alone any additional help that may be forthcoming. He eventually came back and asked how much I wanted to increase my direct debit to. I said that until we know what additional help will be coming that as I am in credit I would like to keep the direct debit the same for September and review it again in October.
He agreed to leave it the same.
They wanted me to increase the DD by £104.00 per month. Money grabbing gits. I wonder how many people just let them increase their DD by more than necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:02 pm 

grandad wrote:
Energy company sent me an email yesterday stating that they were increasing my direct debit from 19 September to cover the increase in fuel price. They included their estimate of my usage over the next 6 months and took off my current credit balance of around £180.00. I contacted them on their autobot system and eventually got into a queue to speak to a person. I was number 190 in the queue.
I waited patiently for over an hour to get to speak to the person (via text) and asked why my direct debit was being increased BEFORE the new price comes in on October 1st by which time my credit balance will be around £260.00 and also why their calculation did not include the £66.00 per month already promised from the Government let alone any additional help that may be forthcoming. He eventually came back and asked how much I wanted to increase my direct debit to. I said that until we know what additional help will be coming that as I am in credit I would like to keep the direct debit the same for September and review it again in October.
He agreed to leave it the same.
They wanted me to increase the DD by £104.00 per month. Money grabbing gits. I wonder how many people just let them increase their DD by more than necessary.

they did that to me last year 6 months before my fixed price deal came to an end

Basically what they are trying to do is get people to pay them enough now to finance the purchases at the current high wholesale prices and run up a big credit balance

mine is currently over £250.00 but that will start to drop come October although i suspect they will up my DD soon before the new prices come in.

With my provider you can log into your account and adjust your DD amount so if they put it up you can usually adjust it down again. :wink: without speaking to someone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:33 pm 

Don't know if it's relevant, but sure I read something about the money from the government being credited by the power suppliers to your bank account. So basically it wouldn't affect the money they're taking from you via direct debit, and the government support will be paid to you directly rather than reducing the direct debit :-s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:40 pm 

In fact this is the official spiel on the 'energy bills discount;, so it looks like it's an either/or situation for standard direct debit customers, so it might be a reduction in the direct debit, or a refund to your bank account:

HMG wrote:
Direct Debit customers will receive the Energy Bill discount automatically as a deduction to the monthly Direct Debit amount collected, or as a refund to the customer’s bank account following Direct Debit collection during each month of delivery.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/400- ... his-winter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:19 pm 

edders23 wrote:

With my provider you can log into your account and adjust your DD amount so if they put it up you can usually adjust it down again. :wink: without speaking to someone

That is what I did when they wanted to up the DD a few months ago but the lowest it would let me go was £180 per month. So since then I have built up a surplus which by the end of September will be around £250.00 They want me to increase the dd to £284.00
The government help that is due this winter so far is £66.00 per month paid to my account and £500.00 winter fuel allowance to be paid to my wife and that is without any additional help when we get the new PM.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:37 pm 

Quote:
I wonder how many people just let them increase their DD by more than necessary.

The vast majority. :sad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 171  Next