Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 171  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:03 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
*#!^~ rail unions

was originally going to go the day of the cruise THEN rail strikes announced so booked a hotel to travel on the 5th and have a day in port before we sail

Was going to have to go by rail as there are no coach services from Peterborough to anywhere any more Leicester St Margarets being the nearest but can't get there anyway

Today they have announced they are going to go on strike on the 5th as well. So now I have to drive down and park the car but cruise is one way so fly back to BHX which means having to get to Southampton later in January to fetch car back. Cost for that between £150 and £350.00

So I thought why not a one way car rental so one way car RENTAL IS A SHADE UNDER £200.00 :shock: a little Corsa for one day although one company admitted they had doubled their prices because of the strike !

so looks like cancel my hotel and go down in own car on the day and then have to get down to Southampton at the end of the month to get car back ! :sad:

so an extra £300 added onto the cost of the cruise and I've still got to pay the rail fare down just to get the car back !

So why not get a taxi from Stamford next grotsville to Southampton, and a train home from BMX?

very few local drivers will do Southampton and the quotes are coming out at £300 + as well as my not trusting many of them so have decided to spend £160.00 on car parking and drive myself down and go and get the car the Tuesday after return rather than the risk of getting left high and dry (pun intended)

I have already had to change my plans 3 times so have booked the car parking to be sure that I have a secure transport solution

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:39 pm 

and now the car parking has phoned me up and cancelled the car parking ! :roll: :evil:

but I've been offered an alternative at over £100 more !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:08 pm 

edders23 wrote:
and now the car parking has phoned me up and cancelled the car parking ! :roll: :evil:

Give this site a go.

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:00 am 

Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Give this site a go.

getting silly quotes for a taxi there BUT have worked out that there will be reduced rail service from waterloo to Southampton on that day and also one of the companies between Peterborough and Kings Cross so it might be possible to get a train down to KX but not sure if the tubes are also on strike so it might still be possible to do mid morning P'boro to KX then maybe black cab KX to waterloo.

Apparently not all the train companies are affected which is something that is not coming across in the media , and even those that are running are saying don't travel but I wonder if it's possible ?

If you try contacting the companies they are not allowed to tell you if they are affected you have to talk to the Indian call centre who tell you no trains available try again in a weeks time to see if any timetables have been released. You cannot book tickets for the journey on the internet :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:25 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Give this site a go.

getting silly quotes for a taxi there BUT have worked out that there will be reduced rail service from waterloo to Southampton on that day and also one of the companies between Peterborough and Kings Cross so it might be possible to get a train down to KX but not sure if the tubes are also on strike so it might still be possible to do mid morning P'boro to KX then maybe black cab KX to waterloo.

Apparently not all the train companies are affected which is something that is not coming across in the media , and even those that are running are saying don't travel but I wonder if it's possible ?

If you try contacting the companies they are not allowed to tell you if they are affected you have to talk to the Indian call centre who tell you no trains available try again in a weeks time to see if any timetables have been released. You cannot book tickets for the journey on the internet :sad:

try one way car hire?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:28 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Give this site a go.

try one way car hire?
I did they were asking for over £200.00 for a little Corsa so by the time you add fuel and transfer from their depot to the cruise terminal about the same as a taxi. When I asked why so expensive for basically 1 days hire he admitted they had doubled their prices for the rail strike !

I reckon the roads will be absolutely chocker and although they won't admit they are running all the train companies I would need to use are not on the list of companies that are on strike and if you looked on the live departure boards they were running trains on strike days.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:30 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
3 weeks of cold weather and now OVO are insisting on my DD being jacked up again because I might not be in a positive credit balance in 12 months time ! :roll:

Shell keep requesting me to increase mine but I politely decline.

unfortunately they just went ahead and by more than they originally asked for so a 14.68% rise

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:08 am 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
3 weeks of cold weather and now OVO are insisting on my DD being jacked up again because I might not be in a positive credit balance in 12 months time ! :roll:

unfortunately they just went ahead and by more than they originally asked for so a 14.68% rise
I would be asking them about that. Any increase in your DD must be fairf. you have a right to challenge them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:15 pm 

Fireworks on NYE.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:30 am 

Sussex wrote:
Fireworks on NYE.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Fireworks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:47 am 

getting woken at 02.00 by people talking loudly in the street.

I live in a cul de sac so no excuses really

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:04 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

I would be asking them about that. Any increase in your DD must be fairf. you have a right to challenge them.

I noticed the £66/month grant goes on my leccy bill which is stable at £2/day all year, id rather it gone on my 6 months gas (heating) which rises from £1.50/day (summer) to £5.50/day (winter) and wouldnt require a bigger DDM...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:20 pm 

non gripe of the day

Just seen in the local paper one of my ex customers that I used to run about for years has been made an OBE :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:32 pm 

edders23 wrote:

neighbours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:58 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
edders23 wrote:

neighbours

presumably and well oiled judging by the volume of the voices !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 171  Next