Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:50 pm 
TDO wrote:
As for the admin of this site, given the fate of the two you've been involved in, I don't think you should be trying to tell people how to run theirs :lol:

You have a long way to go before this site is as popular as www.thetaxiforums.co.uk its demise was due to people like you questioning every action taken or opinion voiced by the admin, oh aye and just for an old chestnut members knew who was involved in the site as we all posted under our real names, something you haven't got the balls to do.

Not having the courage of your convictions is something that is apparent to everyone.

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:14 pm 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
You have a long way to go before this site is as popular as www.thetaxiforums.co.uk its demise was due to people like you questioning every action taken or opinion voiced by the admin, oh aye and just for an old chestnut members knew who was involved in the site as we all posted under our real names, something you haven't got the balls to do.

Since when did they all post as their real names? :?

Methinks alzheimer's may have set in up north. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:03 pm 

Quote:
Methinks alzheimer's may have set in up north.

steady

regards

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:14 pm 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
its demise was due to people like you questioning every action taken or opinion voiced by the admin,

So it was my fault was it :lol:

Of course I questioned things, but I thought that was what the forum was all about!! That you found that objectionable perhaps says a lot, and don't forget that I was banned after about a week just because I was saying the wrong things!!

I think the shock of me and Sussex actually taking issue with some of the fundamentals was a bit too much for some people!!

So Mick, did I do anything worse on TTF than you do on here? No, and this forum is still going strongly.

By the way, check back your dates and you'll see that I left the forum (after having been allowed back!) voluntarily in December 2002. The forum was going along fine at that point and it was some time after that that it imploded. So you can hardly blame me.

Oh, and I didn't post at all on your next forum, and it lasted for even less time!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:20 pm 

Gateshead Angel wrote:

You have a long way to go before this site is as popular as www.thetaxiforums.co.uk

What do you mean by popular?

I'll concede that TTF was as busy at its peak as TDO (mainly due to your opponents stimulating debate - if it wasn't for us TTF would have been dead as a dodo most of the time), but this site has gone on a lot longer and has three time as many posts(?).

But I don't want to get into slanging matches about popularity (despite the fact that you raised the issue) because this site was never set up to court publicity, as you should be aware.

I wonder how popular this site would have been if it had just done the usual vested interest stuff?

Food for thought :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:27 pm 

having everybody agree would be a bore and not like the trade at all.

the sites good

regards

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:43 pm 

captain cab wrote:
having everybody agree would be a bore and not like the trade at all.

the sites good

regards

Captain cab

[edited by admin] me, you're supposed to disagree about disagreeing Cap!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:55 pm 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
oh aye and just for an old chestnut members knew who was involved in the site as we all posted under our real names, something you haven't got the balls to do.

Not having the courage of your convictions is something that is apparent to everyone.

Well I'm obviously not as big and brave as you Mick, but remember that it's a bit easier to defend the status quo than criticise it. I would have no hesitation in using my name if I was just spouting the usual PHM-type message, but I prefer to say what I think, not what others want me to.

Anyway, and on the subject of TTF, didn't you change your mind about anonymity after your 'incident' arising from what you posted on the forum? Yet something else conveniently forgotten I suspect.

Funny that you have also sent us PMs and emails in the past objecting to your name appearing on here, a name that you yourself typed in before you thought better of it MR GATESHEAD ANGEL :lol: Yet again another point I raised withing the past week or two, ignored by yourself, then conveniently raised again now!

By the way, 95%+ of the trade don't worry me, and in fact they probably wouldn't say 'boo' to me, but it's the tiny minority of clowns that worry me.

Of course, some things never change, and take a look at the reply I gave to Yorkie on TTF about two and a half years ago - no doubt you ignored that then as well!:

Yorkie wrote:
whats more the people doing the bashing are doing so behind dustbins and from anonymity, if you cannot see it Alan, you yourself are holding a knife!:

Dusty Bin wrote:
Not that old chestnut. That one usually comes up when people can't make a good argument. Can't you think of something original Geoff?

The reason for anonymity is that I don't want the sickos in my manor torching my car or baseball batting me etc. That's the real sickos Geoff, not the ones who you deem a sicko because you disagree with them.

Stick to the issues, if you can.:

So no change there then :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:00 pm 

Quote:
the tiny minority of clowns that worry me.

yes, I hate the circus too, them clowns their hiding something you know. :wink:

hehe

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:58 am 
TDO wrote:
Gateshead Angel wrote:
oh aye and just for an old chestnut members knew who was involved in the site as we all posted under our real names, something you haven't got the balls to do.

Well I'm obviously not as big and brave as you Mick, but remember that it's a bit easier to defend the status quo than criticise it. I would have no hesitation in using my name if I was just spouting the usual PHM-type message, but I prefer to say what I think, not what others want me to.

Anyway, and on the subject of TTF, didn't you change your mind about anonymity after your 'incident' arising from what you posted on the forum? Yet something else conveniently forgotten I suspect.

Funny that you have also sent us PMs and emails in the past objecting to your name appearing on here, a name that you yourself typed in before you thought better of it MR GATESHEAD ANGEL :lol: Yet again another point I raised withing the past week or two, ignored by yourself, then conveniently raised again now!

By the way, 95%+ of the trade don't worry me, and in fact they probably wouldn't say 'boo' to me, but it's the tiny minority of clowns that worry me.

Of course, some things never change, and take a look at the reply I gave to Yorkie on TTF about two and a half years ago - no doubt you ignored that then as well!:

Yorkie wrote:
whats more the people doing the bashing are doing so behind dustbins and from anonymity, if you cannot see it Alan, you yourself are holding a knife!:

Dusty Bin wrote:
Not that old chestnut. That one usually comes up when people can't make a good argument. Can't you think of something original Geoff?

The reason for anonymity is that I don't want the sickos in my manor torching my car or baseball batting me etc. That's the real sickos Geoff, not the ones who you deem a sicko because you disagree with them.

Stick to the issues, if you can.:

So no change there then :D

how do you do that? post from other forums?
hey as a new year treat can you post the lines about the london cabbies being rubbish, and proof being you got a pound tip,

that series of postings were the best! ahhahh them wer the days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:24 am 

And some mush started World War Three by mentionimng the word fleece. :-#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:49 pm 

Yorkie wrote:
[how do you do that? post from other forums?
hey as a new year treat can you post the lines about the london cabbies being rubbish, and proof being you got a pound tip,

that series of postings were the best! ahhahh them wer the days!

There seem to be some very selective memories on here. 8)

What I could post was our first exchange about tax deductible expenses, that would be a real larff!! :oops:

Maybe Nidge could post his Scouse eggs joke, that was a larff as well! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:11 pm 

TDO wrote:
Maybe Nidge could post his Scouse eggs joke, that was a larff as well! :D

I concur on that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:10 am 
Maybe Mr Foster should recieve one of JD's oscars for introducing us all to each other, and starting what we all enjoy so much, online taxi forums on this scale.

Without him we probably wouldn't be here now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:26 pm 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
Maybe Mr Foster should recieve one of JD's oscars for introducing us all to each other, and starting what we all enjoy so much, online taxi forums on this scale.

I more than second that. =D>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next