Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: TX4 or the Vito?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:21 am 

We now have a Vito Taxi club in London which has been formed to get Mercedes / Penso to sort out this dreadful RWS system which every, and I mean every Vito out there has had problems with. Mick Canty formed the group, and he's doing a sterling job.

Mercedes at Brooklands are apparently 'on to it' although I've seen naff all yet to see that they're doing anything constructive apart from appeasement. Penso just utter the same old crap about new components and better sealing of the unit, none of which seems to make the slightest difference to its reliability.

A hydraulic steer like they fit to the Actros and Axor trucks has been ruled out as apparently the chassis isn't strong enough to take such a unit.

With their money they could quite easily take on TFL and have the COF's reviewed in their favour. God knows why they don't. The Vito would double in numbers if they did, and drop in price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 am 

Will I keep it out of warranty?

Looking increasingly unlikely. :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 pm 

Well after 2 yrs and 10 months I popped into KPMs to see what they're going to give me of a new Euro 5 Vito which is priced at £43 grand.

Answer?

£18k on a 60 plate nearly mint taxi, with 62k miles.

I think I'll be putting that idea on hold unless they come up with a deal. Nissans coming early next year, Mercedes is going to become a tiny minority in the London trade with those sort of stupid trade in offers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:43 pm 

I might even end up back at post one on this thread. :shock:

TX4 or the Vito?

I'll see what LTI are offering in their lease scheme, I certainly wouldn't want to buy one with the VM history.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm 

GBC wrote:
We now have a Vito Taxi club in London which has been formed to get Mercedes / Penso to sort out this dreadful RWS system which every, and I mean every Vito out there has had problems with. Mick Canty formed the group, and he's doing a sterling job.

Mercedes at Brooklands are apparently 'on to it' although I've seen naff all yet to see that they're doing anything constructive apart from appeasement. Penso just utter the same old crap about new components and better sealing of the unit, none of which seems to make the slightest difference to its reliability.

A hydraulic steer like they fit to the Actros and Axor trucks has been ruled out as apparently the chassis isn't strong enough to take such a unit.

With their money they could quite easily take on TFL and have the COF's reviewed in their favour. God knows why they don't. The Vito would double in numbers if they did, and drop in price.

Vosa would be very interested if enough of you complained and could well speed up the removal of the turning circle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 am 

Yes, I'll get right onto it first thing tomorrow . . . . .

click.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:25 am 

On the better news front however . . .

I'm going back for a re-assessment of the trade in offer, after Mick Canty of the Vito owners club has stepped in. =D>

We are now awaiting a trade in package from the Euro 4's to the Euro 5's courtesy of Micks pressure on Daimler.

On the other even better news front, all these low mileage ex London vitos are apparently having the RWS removed, new axle installed and sent out around the country to supply you bumpkins with 'new' cabs when the LC introduce WAV quota's.

East of Scotland will get the first batch to make sure the Borders taxi fleet doesn't discriminate against the wheelchair bound. =D>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 am 

GBC wrote:

I'm going back for a re-assessment of the trade in offer, after Mick Canty of the Vito owners club has stepped in. =D>

We are now awaiting a trade in package from the Euro 4's to the Euro 5's courtesy of Micks pressure on Daimler.

On the other even better news front, all these low mileage ex London vitos are apparently having the RWS removed, new axle installed and sent out around the country to supply you bumpkins with 'new' cabs when the LC introduce WAV quota's.

East of Scotland will get the first batch to make sure the Borders taxi fleet doesn't discriminate against the wheelchair bound. =D>

There are aleady 8 in the Borders, that where never fecked up by the muphets from London, because we have never had to have the outdated turning circle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:09 am 

GBC wrote:
Well after 2 yrs and 10 months I popped into KPMs to see what they're going to give me of a new Euro 5 Vito which is priced at £43 grand.

Answer?

£18k on a 60 plate nearly mint taxi, with 62k miles.

I think I'll be putting that idea on hold unless they come up with a deal. Nissans coming early next year, Mercedes is going to become a tiny minority in the London trade with those sort of stupid trade in offers.

Did you tell them to feck off?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:10 am 

GBC wrote:

I thought Fecenia from Cab Direct was taking on TFL so you could have the new E7 Auto?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 am 

Nidge2 wrote:

I thought Fecenia from Cab Direct was taking on TFL so you could have the new E7 Auto?

I think we all did about 10/15 years ago. [-(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:38 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
GBC wrote:

There was one brought down to London, apparently presented thus giving them the opportunity to challenge through the courts . . . and I'm still waiting.

The laughable part is, Mercedes Daimler DO HAVE to resources to challenge the COF's but seem unwilling to do so.

I can't see the E7 being that dominant, it isn't in Edinburgh.

Ah well, lets hope the NV200 is all it's expected to be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:50 pm 

GBC wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
GBC wrote:

There was one brought down to London, apparently presented thus giving them the opportunity to challenge through the courts . . . and I'm still waiting.

The laughable part is, Mercedes Daimler DO HAVE to resources to challenge the COF's but seem unwilling to do so.

Quote:
I can't see the E7 being that dominant, it isn't in Edinburgh

Ah well, lets hope the NV200 is all it's expected to be.

Thats because they dont have that stupid age limit, they are even buying your cast offs across the UK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:46 pm 

The bulb behind the heater controls went the other week, so whilst it was in getting a small split in the bumper repaired I asked Nigel down at A&N taxis to change it.

Good god. The dash surround had to come off, the radio came out, the top glove box was off, the whole control panel had to come off, 2 hours, £30 all for a £1 dash bulb.

Think I'll leave it next time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 pm 

And I'll have my 'revised offer' next Thursday.

:roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next