It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:01 am 

Went to a party Mum

Author Women against drunk driving

I went to a party, and remembered what youd said,
You told me not to drink drive so I had a sprite instead,
I felt proud of myself, the way you said I would,
That I did not drink and drive though some frriends said I should.

I made a healthy choice, and yor advice to me was right.
the partys finaly ended, and the kids drove out of sight,
I got into my car, sure to get home in one piece,
Inever knew what was comming mom something I expected least,

Now I am lying on a pavement and hear a policeman say,
the kid that caused this was drunk mom his voice seems far away,
My own bloods around me as I try hard not to cry,
I hear a paramedic say, this girl is going to die,

I am sure the guy had no idea, while he was flying high,
because he chose to drink and drive, now I would have to die.
So why do people do it mum, knowing it ruins lives?
and now the pain is cutting me, like a hundred stabbing knives,

Tell sister not to be afraid mom, tell daddy to be brave,
And when I go to heaven put Daddys Girl on my grave.
Someone should have taught him, that its wrong to drink and drive,
Maybe if his parents had I would still be alive,

My breat is getting shorter mom, Im getting realy scared,
These are my final moments and I am so unprepared,
I wish that you could hold me mom, as I lie here to die.
I wish I could hold you mom So I love you and goodbye.

Drink drivers are our biggest threat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:12 am 

Spoken like a true philosopher !!! But honestly, when you get behind these [edited by admin] at night it makes your blood boil. If you ring the law the call-taker (usually civilian) is more interested in whether you are driving and using a mobile !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:12 am 

Spoken like a true philosopher !!! But honestly, when you get behind these [edited by admin] at night it makes your blood boil. If you ring the law the call-taker (usually civilian) is more interested in whether you are driving and using a mobile !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:01 am 

Such a good post, he done it twice. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:39 pm 

Around 3 months ago after I'd finished work at 4.30am I caught up a car infront of me and he was veering from side to side on the road. I over took him and slowed down to 15mph and got on the phone to the fuzz, whilst still on the phone and around a mile later he went into the back of me (no damage to my or his car) I went to pull over, he carried on. I was still on the phone telling the fuzz where I was and that I was still following the drunk, after around another 5 minutes of following my route the fuzz caught us up he eventually managed to pull over the other car. He got the bloke out of the car and had to hold onto him to stop him falling over as the was bladdered.

What made it worse was the other driver was a Hackney driver, someone who should know better.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:12 pm 
Southport PH wrote:
Around 3 months ago after I'd finished work at 4.30am I caught up a car infront of me and he was veering from side to side on the road. I over took him and slowed down to 15mph and got on the phone to the fuzz, whilst still on the phone and around a mile later he went into the back of me (no damage to my or his car) I went to pull over, he carried on. I was still on the phone telling the fuzz where I was and that I was still following the drunk, after around another 5 minutes of following my route the fuzz caught us up he eventually managed to pull over the other car. He got the bloke out of the car and had to hold onto him to stop him falling over as the was bladdered.

What made it worse was the other driver was a Hackney driver, someone who should know better.

:roll:

Makes you wonder doesn't it? About 10 years ago my wife had a sister a brother a niece and a nephew killed by a drunk driver she the same as me are dead against drink drivers. A situation happened to me last year where I picked 2 men up from Mansfield 1 was [edited by admin] the other 1 was ok, I dropped them both off, the 1 who was [edited by admin] got in his car and tried to drive it, I phoned the coppers because his car was parked under a CCTV camera, the coppers came breath tested him and took him away. After they took him I had a conscience I said to myself, I've just lost him his licence, I phoned one of the lads and told him, he said it's his daft F***ING fault for drinking and driving I'd have done the same, I told the wife and she said well done I'd have done the same too. The limit should be zero now not 32 mg of alcohol per ex amount of blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:21 pm 

What I failed to mention was that the Hackney driver was actually in his taxi at the time.

Makes you wonder how many PH or Hackney drivers around the country who use their cars to pretend they are working when driving home whilst drunk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:22 pm 

Southport PH wrote:
What I failed to mention was that the Hackney driver was actually in his taxi at the time.

Makes you wonder how many PH or Hackney drivers around the country who use their cars to pretend they are working when driving home whilst drunk?

Alas far too many. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:43 pm 
Southport PH wrote:

My guess is not many, most are scared of losing thier livelyhood, come on you are in the trade, do you think its widespread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:26 pm 

Whatever Mick wrote:
My guess is not many, most are scared of losing thier livelyhood, come on you are in the trade, do you think its widespread?

Yeah I'm in the trade but it doesn't mean I know what every other driver gets upto in his own vehicle.

Before I started in the trade I remember reading in the local paper about one woman who was a PH driver was banned from driving for being over the limit and have been told by a couple of drivers that she was found with a bottle in the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:09 am 
Southport PH wrote:
Whatever Mick wrote:

Yeah I'm in the trade but it doesn't mean I know what every other driver gets upto in his own vehicle.

Before I started in the trade I remember reading in the local paper about one woman who was a PH driver was banned from driving for being over the limit and have been told by a couple of drivers that she was found with a bottle in the car.

Aw come on please this could only happen in our trade, people always want to run thier colleagues down, look Southport if you listen to tickle tackle like this you know what your drivers get up too.

if a driver falls asleap at the wheel, and some dick said he had sleeping pills in the car would you conclude thats the cause?

or would you conclude hes done too many hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:33 am 

Well I would have thought that if he had sleeping pills, then he has a problem getting to sleep.

So the likely-hood of him falling asleep at the wheel without the pills is slim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:51 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Well I would have thought that if he had sleeping pills, then he has a problem getting to sleep.

So the likely-hood of him falling asleep at the wheel without the pills is slim.

Sussex,
why do you do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:03 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Sussex,
why do you do this?

Just for you. :wink: