Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:45 am 

how was last weekend then? any sign of prosperity? or just an usual misery?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:01 am 

o-marek wrote:
how was last weekend then? any sign of prosperity? or just an usual misery?

Misery round here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:38 am 

We are very busy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:22 am 

We went into a whetherspoon pub on Friday night - could not believe as to how quiet it was for the beginning of the month. I suppose that you have to take into account that children are still on Easter break - it is an additional cost for parents.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:26 pm 

Friday night has become a non night around here, oddly though the week day work seems to have picked up and has more than offset crap Fridays.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 pm 

cabby john wrote:
We went into a whetherspoon pub on Friday night - could not believe as to how quiet it was for the beginning of the month. I suppose that you have to take into account that children are still on Easter break - it is an additional cost for parents.

we've two whetherspoons in town centre, usually one is always busy but it doesn't make my pocket happier... funny thing is that, there's six holiday parks in town (not town centre obviously :roll: ) and many around the area, all (those in town) are full but it doesn't make my pocket happier too... years ago i was rushing there and back all the time, now since Easter i did one job to holiday park with holidaymakers cos most of jobs we are takig staff to or from work even tough we charge specials less than 8 years ago... people definitely changed their habits and ways they're spending their money....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:34 pm 

Crap around here. Used be a nailed on certainty for 150 on a fri and 200 on a sat for 9-10 hours night shift, which you need to stand any chance of making a tidy wage after paying car running costs. No where near that at the mo, definitlely the worst year since 2010 when i started. Taxis/ph/pubs and restaurants all seem to be feeling the pinch here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:53 am 

payday, bank holiday weekend, wind round the town... :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:03 am 

o-marek wrote:
payday, bank holiday weekend, wind round the town... :oops:

Might be a half decent weekend with the people having some £££ in their pockets.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 am 

Around here on bank holiday weekends Friday and Saturday nights are down and Sunday are very busy I can never figure out why exactly some say it's because we're not at work Monday but the same logic applies to every Saturday for most people.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:30 am 

Summer is definitely over... we're back to normality.... it wasn't that busy as usual but September slowed down like a bloody hundred tonne road roller... is there any hope for this so called bussines to make something more, better, easier? school jobs are underpriced crap, night life slowly doesn't exist (door staff in clubs started use breathalysers), where's all that going? :doubt:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:22 am 

o-marek wrote:
Summer is definitely over... we're back to normality.... it wasn't that busy as usual but September slowed down like a bloody hundred tonne road roller... is there any hope for this so called bussines to make something more, better, easier? school jobs are underpriced crap, night life slowly doesn't exist (door staff in clubs started use breathalysers), where's all that going? :doubt:

Why are school jobs underpriced? I always base my tenders on what it would be on the meter. I don't win them all but I do win my fair share.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:59 pm 

Just done 8.30am to 3.30pm took £110 with no long jobs....£10 rent.....

Not stunning but just what i am happy with, last job took me home, which was the decider...lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:50 pm 

grandad wrote:
o-marek wrote:

Why are school jobs underpriced? I always base my tenders on what it would be on the meter. I don't win them all but I do win my fair share.

I would hazard a guess it's simply that different market forces apply in different areas and some councils look to exploit this for instance in Doncaster a few years ago the council in there wisdom decided to not use the normal sealed bid process but instead used an online reverse auction in a bid to save money, after a few weeks a lot of the runs were given back to the council as they weren't worth doing at the prices that were bid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:48 pm 

Midlife martyr wrote:
grandad wrote:
o-marek wrote:

I would hazard a guess it's simply that different market forces apply in different areas and some councils look to exploit this for instance in Doncaster a few years ago the council in there wisdom decided to not use the normal sealed bid process but instead used an online reverse auction in a bid to save money, after a few weeks a lot of the runs were given back to the council as they weren't worth doing at the prices that were bid.

Quote:
Operators MUST submit a realistic, sustainable price for the required transportation. It is not acceptable for Operators to submit low, unsustainable prices in order to win Contracts. Operators who consistently submit low prices, and subsequently apply for price increases and / or inform the ITU they are unable to provide the transport at the price submitted in a mini competition, may be suspended from the Framework. Please see the Transport Terms & Conditions of Contract for a full explanation of the process to be applied, should Operators be found to be non-compliant with this requirement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next