Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 168  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:21 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
when new coins appear they vanish into collections and children's money boxes it's usually not until about the third or fourth batch go out that they become general circulation

what bothers me is that i'm still getting loads of the old 5 ers

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:07 pm 

edders23 wrote:

I wont be taking them from Tuesday this week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:24 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

famous last words !!! you know people will hide them amongst other notes to palm them off on one of your drivers. Apparently the old 20's that have been out of circulation for years could still be handed over to a bank :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:07 am 

249 miles today 109 paid miles. What a bag of balls.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm 

sasha wrote:
So knowing he's got no money, doesn't know where he's going and has already done a cab out of £70 YOU CALL HIM ANOTHER TAXI :evil: :evil: :evil:

I do a fair bit of work from hospitals, and I never take them if they are in a state and haven't got any cash on them.

If they have family with cards they can call office and pay for it that way.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:08 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Cease to be legal tender on Friday 5th May. But you can exchange them at a bank after this date.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:03 pm 

sasha wrote:
Another one passing their problem onto us;

Pickup from local hospital, security bring this guy out who's been wandering round all day since being discharged 'he's alright-you won't have any trouble'.
Asks where he's going, gives the name of a street that doesnt exist. There is a road with the same name but it's road not street, so I asks if that's the one he wants - he still insists it's xx street so I describe where the road is and it seemed that's where he wanted.

On arrival, wrong address, still insisting it's the one that doesn't exist. Eventually we end up going back to the hospital, £15 fare - doesn't have any money. The police and security where there so had a word with them 'again ?, he's already run up a £70 fare on the previous taxi we called for him' (who also brought him back to the hospital) !!!!

So knowing he's got no money, doesn't know where he's going and has already done a cab out of £70 YOU CALL HIM ANOTHER TAXI :evil: :evil: :evil:

When I lived in Snowdonia, plated as a taxi, and doing ambulance work i got a call to go from Ffestiniof to Bangor and collect a patient going to Dolgellau, drove up....down....the address was his OLD house 20 years ago....doh

ended up taking him to the local ambulance depot..my total round trip mileage... 106 miles

lucky it wasnt a cash job

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:55 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
sasha wrote:
Another one passing their problem onto us;

Pickup from local hospital, security bring this guy out who's been wandering round all day since being discharged 'he's alright-you won't have any trouble'.
Asks where he's going, gives the name of a street that doesnt exist. There is a road with the same name but it's road not street, so I asks if that's the one he wants - he still insists it's xx street so I describe where the road is and it seemed that's where he wanted.

On arrival, wrong address, still insisting it's the one that doesn't exist. Eventually we end up going back to the hospital, £15 fare - doesn't have any money. The police and security where there so had a word with them 'again ?, he's already run up a £70 fare on the previous taxi we called for him' (who also brought him back to the hospital) !!!!

When I lived in Snowdonia, plated as a taxi, and doing ambulance work i got a call to go from Ffestiniof to Bangor and collect a patient going to Dolgellau, drove up....down....the address was his OLD house 20 years ago....doh

ended up taking him to the local ambulance depot..my total round trip mileage... 106 miles

lucky it wasnt a cash job

My Nain was from Borth y gest..

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:53 pm 

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/y-peng ... en-gb.html

Little gem =D>

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:00 pm 

MR T wrote:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/y-pengwern-ffestiniog.en-gb.html

Little gem =D>

:lol: :lol: :lol: that looks fooking horrendous tbh :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:36 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
MR T wrote:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/y-pengwern-ffestiniog.en-gb.html

Little gem =D>

:lol: :lol: :lol: that looks fooking horrendous tbh :lol:

I know.. Wheelchair friendly and has a bucket of water for the dogs....not your scene..

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 pm 

Quote:
I know.. Wheelchair friendly and has a bucket of water for the dogs....not your scene..

well the bucket of water for my dog would be fine tbh :wink:

as for the wheelchairs, well you obviously dont know the place that well do ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fooking hell man what a fail !!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:00 pm 

Naomi
Japan
“Friendly local community run pub with rooms upstairs, amazing views of Snowdonia from the garden and certain rooms. Well presented rooms, exactly what you would expect from a local place run by volunteers, really friendly atmosphere.”

Jill
USA
“Very nice staff, fantastic music in the pub (Bob Dylan and some old blues) and remarkable "local" feeling

The Pengwern is owned, managed and run by the community of Llan Ffestiniog. The hotel closed down in 2009 and was closed for 2 years until the community got together to raise the money to buy it and re-open it as a not-for-profit community venture. The hotel is managed wholly by volunteers, none of the management team or the shareholders in the venture make any money out of the venture, it is run purely for the benefit of the community and for visitors to the area. Any profits made are re-invested into refurbishing the hotel, or in supporting other local groups and charities. We rely heavily on volunteers to run the hotel day to day, but we also employ a number of local people, so that we also provide employment for the people of the villages of Llan and Blaenau Ffestiniog. The Pengwern is in a quiet village in the heart of Snowdonia, within easy reach of all the amenities and attractions this spectacular area has to offer, we are approximately half way between the summits of Snowdon and Cadair Idris, but still only 30 mins from the spectacular beaches at Harlech, Black Rock and Criccieth

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:05 pm 

LA sent letter to neighbours......meant for us....incorrect address

plating forms sent to old address last month

vehicle registration wrong on test forms.......again

are all councils staffed by cockwombles?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:44 am 

Customers who ring up to book a taxi but they are almost deaf so they can't hear what you are saying. Then after nearly shouting down the phone they put you on to someone who can hear. Why didn't the other person ring in the first place?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 168  Next