Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 1:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I will not be clapping in protest at off duty ambulance crews parking on our taxi rank whilst claiming their free kebabs

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4098
Location: Lincoln
x-ray wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Southend beach today. ](*,)

Image


And the same muppets will be on their doorsteps clapping tomorrow night. =D> #-o


These will be the ones who worry that it’s too soon to go back to work, or to send the kids to school.

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8436
edders23 wrote:
the membership of Cloc was out in force today ! except that these days with 4 lanes to choose from they pick lane 3 making life very awkward for those trying to drive at a steady 70 !!!!! Still with the M25 practically empty I could use the inside lane to get past them :badgrin:


Is that Legal?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8436
x-ray wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Southend beach today. ](*,)

Image


And the same muppets will be on their doorsteps clapping tomorrow night. =D> #-o


Can't we Mine the beaches?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8436
sasha wrote:
-1c here today, yet mother and annoying brat get in and straight away the electric window goes down, then up, then down, then up etc. for the entire journey. :x




I used to get that too..simple fix was to prize out the Window switch and disconnect the wiring block, problem fixed (just make sure you don't lose the wiring block down the inside of the door).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45388
Location: 1066 Country
edders23 wrote:
I will not be clapping in protest at off duty ambulance crews parking on our taxi rank whilst claiming their free kebabs

Did you ask them to move?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 5898
bloodnock wrote:
sasha wrote:
-1c here today, yet mother and annoying brat get in and straight away the electric window goes down, then up, then down, then up etc. for the entire journey. :x


I used to get that too..simple fix was to prize out the Window switch and disconnect the wiring block, problem fixed (just make sure you don't lose the wiring block down the inside of the door).

So you have to reconnect it for the council test, or don't they check that?

And didn't you once say you had a Superb? There's a switch on my VW driver's door to disable the back windows, which I usually have activated - I'm assuming a Skoda will have very similar switchgear.

(But then you occassionaly hear them getting annoyed because the switches won't work, and they're jabbing away at it, and you worry it's going to break :evil: )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8436
StuartW wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
sasha wrote:
-1c here today, yet mother and annoying brat get in and straight away the electric window goes down, then up, then down, then up etc. for the entire journey. :x


I used to get that too..simple fix was to prize out the Window switch and disconnect the wiring block, problem fixed (just make sure you don't lose the wiring block down the inside of the door).

So you have to reconnect it for the council test, or don't they check that?

And didn't you once say you had a Superb? There's a switch on my VW driver's door to disable the back windows, which I usually have activated - I'm assuming a Skoda will have very similar switchgear.

(But then you occassionaly hear them getting annoyed because the switches won't work, and they're jabbing away at it, and you worry it's going to break :evil: )


I use an 8 seat People carrier for School contracts, but yes I have a Superb as well and yes it has Switch that stops that isolates the rear windows.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45388
Location: 1066 Country
F***wits in supermarkets who are so thick they can't work out which way the arrows go?

Or can't read the big red stickers on the floor saying 'no entry'. ](*,)

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Staff in the local Morrisons are having to argue with customers several times a day because the customers refuse to follow the rules. But they removed a whole tier of duty managers who would have been perfect for that job :lol:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 412
It's a bit of a joke that you are coralled like sheep in supermarkets,big DIY stores and they insist on you keeping to the markers on the floor then the same staff have a natter with each other with no social distancing at all. I am being taken for a Mug!.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1919
Sussex wrote:
F***wits in supermarkets who are so thick they can't work out which way the arrows go?

Or can't read the big red stickers on the floor saying 'no entry'. ](*,)



Probably those are the ones you see ignoring no entry signs or driving wrong way at roundabouts.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group