Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 168  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I will not be clapping in protest at off duty ambulance crews parking on our taxi rank whilst claiming their free kebabs

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:46 am 

x-ray wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Southend beach today. ](*,)

And the same muppets will be on their doorsteps clapping tomorrow night. =D> #-o

These will be the ones who worry that it’s too soon to go back to work, or to send the kids to school.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 am 

edders23 wrote:
the membership of Cloc was out in force today ! except that these days with 4 lanes to choose from they pick lane 3 making life very awkward for those trying to drive at a steady 70 !!!!! Still with the M25 practically empty I could use the inside lane to get past them :badgrin:

Is that Legal?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 am 

x-ray wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Southend beach today. ](*,)

And the same muppets will be on their doorsteps clapping tomorrow night. =D> #-o

Can't we Mine the beaches?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:09 am 

sasha wrote:
-1c here today, yet mother and annoying brat get in and straight away the electric window goes down, then up, then down, then up etc. for the entire journey. :x

I used to get that too..simple fix was to prize out the Window switch and disconnect the wiring block, problem fixed (just make sure you don't lose the wiring block down the inside of the door).

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:39 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I will not be clapping in protest at off duty ambulance crews parking on our taxi rank whilst claiming their free kebabs

Did you ask them to move?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
sasha wrote:
-1c here today, yet mother and annoying brat get in and straight away the electric window goes down, then up, then down, then up etc. for the entire journey. :x

I used to get that too..simple fix was to prize out the Window switch and disconnect the wiring block, problem fixed (just make sure you don't lose the wiring block down the inside of the door).

So you have to reconnect it for the council test, or don't they check that?

And didn't you once say you had a Superb? There's a switch on my VW driver's door to disable the back windows, which I usually have activated - I'm assuming a Skoda will have very similar switchgear.

(But then you occassionaly hear them getting annoyed because the switches won't work, and they're jabbing away at it, and you worry it's going to break :evil: )

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:13 pm 

StuartW wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
sasha wrote:

So you have to reconnect it for the council test, or don't they check that?

And didn't you once say you had a Superb? There's a switch on my VW driver's door to disable the back windows, which I usually have activated - I'm assuming a Skoda will have very similar switchgear.

(But then you occassionaly hear them getting annoyed because the switches won't work, and they're jabbing away at it, and you worry it's going to break :evil: )

I use an 8 seat People carrier for School contracts, but yes I have a Superb as well and yes it has Switch that stops that isolates the rear windows.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:41 pm 

F***wits in supermarkets who are so thick they can't work out which way the arrows go?

Or can't read the big red stickers on the floor saying 'no entry'. ](*,)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 am 

Staff in the local Morrisons are having to argue with customers several times a day because the customers refuse to follow the rules. But they removed a whole tier of duty managers who would have been perfect for that job :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am 

It's a bit of a joke that you are coralled like sheep in supermarkets,big DIY stores and they insist on you keeping to the markers on the floor then the same staff have a natter with each other with no social distancing at all. I am being taken for a Mug!.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:35 pm 

Sussex wrote:
F***wits in supermarkets who are so thick they can't work out which way the arrows go?

Or can't read the big red stickers on the floor saying 'no entry'. ](*,)

Probably those are the ones you see ignoring no entry signs or driving wrong way at roundabouts.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:55 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:
the membership of Cloc was out in force today ! except that these days with 4 lanes to choose from they pick lane 3 making life very awkward for those trying to drive at a steady 70 !!!!! Still with the M25 practically empty I could use the inside lane to get past them :badgrin:

Is that Legal?

of course it is :---)

there was an empty lane between me and the Clocer though otherwise i wouldn't have

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:57 pm 

rayggb wrote:
It's a bit of a joke that you are coralled like sheep in supermarkets,big DIY stores and they insist on you keeping to the markers on the floor then the same staff have a natter with each other with no social distancing at all. I am being taken for a Mug!.

Staff at our local Morrisions are following the rules on SD

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:23 am 

rayggb wrote:

Tell me about it :roll:

But unlike some people on this thread :roll: it's easy to forget the rules at times, especially when you're trying to find some obscure item in a store that's the size of a small African nation, and is closing in ten minutes.

And staff aren't doing anything about those people blatantly ignoring the rules. And it's mainly staff who're going against the one-way rules, as far as I can see, but maybe the rules don't actually apply to them.

But as with a lot of this stuff, I'm trying to take a common sense approach. For example, if an aisle is empty I might go against the arrows, but turn round if someone appears going in the proper direction.

And, without wanting to sound sexist, even if I did ignore the one-way system, if everyone is sensible about it surely less danger than these women standing in the middle of the aisle texting on a mobile phone, even if they're not strictly breaching the one-way rules.

And if stores that bothered about social distancing, why do they let the usual headbangers use the disabled and parent/child spaces :roll: Or, indeed, their own staff [-X

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 168  Next