Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
car park machines at T2 they aren't that old but they are always fooken broken :evil:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43526
Location: 1066 Country
Forgetting to pay the Dart Charge last week.

#-o

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Forgetting to pay the Dart Charge last week.

#-o



I have an account now so they just charge my credit card every time one of my vehicles crosses

BUT you don't get your money back if a driver accidentally pays it again :evil: :evil: :evil:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22115
Location: A City near Birmingham
First she cuts me up then she gives ME the digit

Then she tries to get back to where she was...in front of me not thinking a vicious bitter taxi driver might just have the edge

so i slowed down alongside 2 HGV's and she had to pull in behind them...

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8330
People who book you as back up plan "B" just in case their mate can't pick them up and then when they discover he can they cancel their booking faster than a Vegan convert cancels their Christmas Turkey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bl*^dy woman at the barrier at EMA rapid drop off pulled up to barrier with £5 note then blocked it whilst she walked down the line of Queueing cars trying to change it :roll:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Got back from EMA one of my drivers has had a minor RTC just some scratching of rear door and wing no major damage

BUT PLATE SUSPENDED because there is a visible scratch :evil: :evil: :evil:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 4090
edders23 wrote:
Got back from EMA one of my drivers has had a minor RTC just some scratching of rear door and wing no major damage

BUT PLATE SUSPENDED because there is a visible scratch :evil: :evil: :evil:


Either the scratch is more noticeable than you're letting on, or SKDC has a very good, high-resolution CCTV system so they managed to pick it up from their office :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43526
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
BUT PLATE SUSPENDED because there is a visible scratch :evil: :evil: :evil:

Crazy council. :sad:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
StuartW wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Got back from EMA one of my drivers has had a minor RTC just some scratching of rear door and wing no major damage

BUT PLATE SUSPENDED because there is a visible scratch :evil: :evil: :evil:


Either the scratch is more noticeable than you're letting on, or SKDC has a very good, high-resolution CCTV system so they managed to pick it up from their office :wink:



no it's in their rules you know the document that's longer than war and peace. if I don't declare accident damage within 24 hours i get 3 to 6 penalty points :roll:

Anyway i have had a good go at it with t cut and sent some photos in and hopefully they will accept that the damage is only visible at close quarters and allow the vehicle to stay on the road

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8330
tis but a Scratch !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 4090
edders23 wrote:
no it's in their rules you know the document that's longer than war and peace. if I don't declare accident damage within 24 hours i get 3 to 6 penalty points :roll:


So you self-declared? :shock: I assumed the council had got to know it by some other means 8-[

Doesn't sound like the kind of thing anyone around here would declare, unless there's a safety implication :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9826
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
edders23 wrote:
StuartW wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Got back from EMA one of my drivers has had a minor RTC just some scratching of rear door and wing no major damage

BUT PLATE SUSPENDED because there is a visible scratch :evil: :evil: :evil:


Either the scratch is more noticeable than you're letting on, or SKDC has a very good, high-resolution CCTV system so they managed to pick it up from their office :wink:



no it's in their rules you know the document that's longer than war and peace. if I don't declare accident damage within 24 hours i get 3 to 6 penalty points :roll:

Anyway i have had a good go at it with t cut and sent some photos in and hopefully they will accept that the damage is only visible at close quarters and allow the vehicle to stay on the road



Ignore that 24 hours it's a load of bollox, you need to report it ASAP or you might get an anal copper who wants a bonus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
StuartW wrote:
edders23 wrote:
no it's in their rules you know the document that's longer than war and peace. if I don't declare accident damage within 24 hours i get 3 to 6 penalty points :roll:


So you self-declared? :shock: I assumed the council had got to know it by some other means 8-[

Doesn't sound like the kind of thing anyone around here would declare, unless there's a safety implication :?



round our way if you don't report it then someone else will and you then have to explain why you didn't to the LO who may decide to declare you not fit and proper or slap you with penalty points

We have the strictest and most nit picking council going but they are very lax on actually going out on the streets to carry out enforcement

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12913
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:



that was a great film

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group