Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:48 pm 

My mate Just had a letter of the council ( dont affect him like, has a disabled plate), anyway, the saloon hacks have been told that unless they renew there plate on time, they will have to re apply & will only be issued with a disabled plate as North Tyneside council want all the hacks to be wavs eventually, saloon hack plates go for about 7k , so one of the lads who rents out hacks got told of his driver that his plate runs out in 2 days, he cant get it through in time so has lost it :roll: , i cant understand how he didn't know it was due, he only has 6 hacks on, i thought there was only a percentage of cars in the area that had to be wavs? not every fooking car :roll: these disabled fookers do my nut in tbh , always fooking bleating on about how badly they are done to, always ME ME ME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:25 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
My mate Just had a letter of the council ( dont affect him like, has a disabled plate), anyway, the saloon hacks have been told that unless they renew there plate on time, they will have to re apply & will only be issued with a disabled plate as North Tyneside council want all the hacks to be wavs eventually, saloon hack plates go for about 7k , so one of the lads who rents out hacks got told of his driver that his plate runs out in 2 days, he cant get it through in time so has lost it :roll: , i cant understand how he didn't know it was due, he only has 6 hacks on, i thought there was only a percentage of cars in the area that had to be wavs? not every fooking car :roll: these disabled fookers do my nut in tbh , always fooking bleating on about how badly they are done to, always ME ME ME

Then your mate is a nana of the highest order.

Down here our council are a bit more lenient in respect of vehicles, but if you let your driver's license run out you are classed as a non licensed driver and to get a license you have to start the licensing process from scratch, i.e. knowledge test, driving test, medical, DBS, Disability Training course, English and Maths Tests and a few more things that I can't remember. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:38 pm 

Sussex wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

Then your mate is a nana of the highest order.

Down here our council are a bit more lenient in respect of vehicles, but if you let your driver's license run out you are classed as a non licensed driver and to get a license you have to start the licensing process from scratch, i.e. knowledge test, driving test, medical, DBS, Disability Training course, English and Maths Tests and a few more things that I can't remember. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

When putting statements about a Council policy on here check what the policy is,North Tyneside Council policy relating to saloon cars is that they have grandfather rights to always to be a saloon car TAXI(hackney carriage) as long as they apply to renew the license before its expiry date or if the license is revoked,it then goes into the pool as an available WAV license.

This was agreed with the Council and National Taxi Association(North Tyneside Taxi(hackney carriage)Association many years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm 

This was agreed with the Council and National Taxi Association(North Tyneside Taxi(hackney carriage)Association many years ago.

no it wasnt , they only got the letter the other day apparently, he won his plate back anyway, as i said he didn't know the rule change, so his defence was ,
1) how the fook can you change the rules without informing anyone
2) there was no testing over xmas

anyway he got it back

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm 

Sussex wrote:

did you even read the post mate ? who said anything about a licence then? it was the cars plate :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:25 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
Sussex wrote:

did you even read the post mate ? who said anything about a licence then? it was the cars plate :roll:

Well you clearly didn't read the post by Sussex. The first sentence is about cars. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:29 pm 

grandad wrote:
ven2112 wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Well you clearly didn't read the post by Sussex. The first sentence is about cars. :roll:

i did, just dont know why hes banging on about licences tbf :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:35 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
grandad wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

Maybe you bringing people down just because their comments don't seem relevant to your post is one reason why people don't feel at ease posting anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm 

grandad wrote:
Maybe you bringing people down just because their comments don't seem relevant to your post is one reason why people don't feel at ease posting anymore.

exactly :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:51 pm 

ven2112 wrote:

no it wasnt , they only got the letter the other day apparently, he won his plate back anyway, as i said he didn't know the rule change, so his defence was ,
1) how the fook can you change the rules without informing anyone
2) there was no testing over xmas

anyway he got it back

Grandfather rights were granted to saloon vehicle license holders when they first started granting WAV. licenses many years ago,to keep the grandfather rights you had to apply for renewal before expiry date or you lost the grandfather rights.
You always have sufficient notice to apply for renewal,it is the proprietors responsibility to ensure the renewal application is put in before the expiry date.
Everyone would have received letter from licensing informing them that all licenses expiring on 31/12/2016 had to have renewal application in early due to Festive holiday period.

No rules as you put it have been changed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 pm 

ven2112 wrote:

So the vehicle license isn't a license anymore? #-o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

Not on planet Ven it isn't :lol:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:50 pm 

Sussex wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

was on about plates mate, read again :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:58 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

They are the same f***ing thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:56 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Sussex wrote:
ven2112 wrote:

They are the same f***ing thing.

NOT ON PLANET VEN [-X ](*,)

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !