Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: my old man
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:39 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
Thanks for all the kind comments lads, bit of a strange one this now though, he has left his body to science, none of the family knew till last week & even the people at the hospice dont know how to deal with it as they aint come across it before, apparently , Newcastle uni will collect his body on monday & take it up there, do whatever with it for a while then ask if you want what's left back, if not they just burn it , so no funeral /gravestones/wall plaques in the crem etc, its what he wanted i suppose, had the card for 20yrs + but never told anyone

They wont take mine...

The old boy saved you some money there bud, fair play

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:10 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
ven2112 wrote:
Thanks for all the kind comments lads, bit of a strange one this now though, he has left his body to science, none of the family knew till last week & even the people at the hospice dont know how to deal with it as they aint come across it before, apparently , Newcastle uni will collect his body on monday & take it up there, do whatever with it for a while then ask if you want what's left back, if not they just burn it , so no funeral /gravestones/wall plaques in the crem etc, its what he wanted i suppose, had the card for 20yrs + but never told anyone

They wont take mine...

aye i suppose you are right, might leave my body to science...............fiction :lol: although on a plus side , one of my mates & my sis wants to do this now :shock: might do it mesell, then they can say i went to university :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:53 pm 

ven2112 wrote:

They'll accept it due to his cancer Ven. It's a great way of going out knowing your going to help people in the future. My respects go to your old man mate. May he fly high.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:55 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

It's not all about money FFS. Do you ever think about anything else other than money? He might have arranged his body to be donated to science when he first got diagnosed with cancer. You can't just say I want to donate, you've got to be accepted by the department who's accepting his body.

Show some respect FFS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:50 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

It's not all about money FFS. Do you ever think about anything else other than money? He might have arranged his body to be donated to science when he first got diagnosed with cancer. You can't just say I want to donate, you've got to be accepted by the department who's accepting his body.

Show some respect FFS.

he had the card over 20 yrs mate & never told anyone till he knew he was on his way out :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:03 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Show some respect FFS.

Card was with him 20 years .....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:16 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

Card was with him 20 years .....

It still doesn't escape the fact that you bought the issue of money up regarding someone's death. When someone dies money is the furthest thing away from "some people's" minds.