Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 pm 

grandad wrote:
mancityfan wrote:

I think your first port of call under the FOI is to ask for a copy of the minutes of the meeting when they adopted the 1976 act and a copy of the advert placed in the local newspaper.

I got a copy of the minutes from our Council but they could not produce anything about the advert. I did check the local newspaper archive for the 6 months prior to the minutes and 6 months after the minutes but I could not find any notices. I haven't got round to checking the parish records for any letters to notify them of the adoption of the act. I can save that for a rainy day now that our fees are being reduced to more reasonable levels.

Lots of councils did not adopt the act correctly, it had to be passed at committee and put in the local paper, lots did not put it in the paper, so in effect can't charge or licence anything, and in any court case will have to prove they did, so it's in there interest to have this information.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:22 pm 

edders23 wrote:
typical council

your FOI needs to ask alternative questions such as how many minutes work was involved in processing the paperwork

councils are very good at hiding the fact they make money out of fees they are not supposed to

got this back today

Reference: 3884
Title: Processing times for public hire driver and vehicle applications
Date of reply: 29 March 2017

Summary:
Request for a breakdown of time taken to process for taxi licensing applications for both drivers and vehicles

Question 1
Can you supply me with a breakdown of the time taken to process the applications for both drivers and vehicles?

Our response:

New Driver Applications
Time (mins)
Initial contact, e.g. phone call/email
Subsequent telephone/letters
Application processing
Making badge
Producing paper licence and associated admin/finance checks
Mailings
Reception enq/badge issuing

Renewal of Existing Driver Applications / New Vehicles etc
Time (mins)
Initial contact, e.g. phone call/email
Subsequent telephone/letters
Application processing
Hackney test (where applicable)
Making badge
Producing paper licence and associated admin/finance checks
Mailings
Reception enq/badge issuing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm 

note the 60 minutes on a renewal for sitting a hackney test

which incidentally they charge an additional fee when one has to sit it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:26 pm 

mancityfan wrote:

I think your first port of call under the FOI is to ask for a copy of the minutes of the meeting when they adopted the 1976 act and a copy of the advert placed in the local newspaper.

got a copy of the minutes they haven't supplied the advertising details as they state this is in public records and easily accessible thru old publications
"in respect of your request to receive a copy of the advert placed in the local newspaper at the time of adoption, please note that copies of historic local newspapers are accessible via the local studies collection of the local library based at The Beaney. As the information you have requested is already accessible via the public domain, this aspect of your request is exempt under Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act – information already reasonably accessible to the applicant by other means."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:57 pm 

Deks wrote:
mancityfan wrote:

got a copy of the minutes they haven't supplied the advertising details as they state this is in public records and easily accessible thru old publications
"in respect of your request to receive a copy of the advert placed in the local newspaper at the time of adoption, please note that copies of historic local newspapers are accessible via the local studies collection of the local library based at The Beaney. As the information you have requested is already accessible via the public domain, this aspect of your request is exempt under Section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act – information already reasonably accessible to the applicant by other means."

If you have the date that the act was adopted then yes, you need to trawl through the newspaper archives. When I did it I searched from 6 months prior to the date and 6 months after the date of adoption. I believe that it was supposed to be advertised twice. I never found any. I am keeping this on the back burner for a rainy day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:22 pm 

I am asking myself..why you are not looking at the meeting before..as well.........Councils used to be able to advertise by placing a notice in front of the Town hall.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 am 

Here you go this should keep em busy for a while feel free to alter it if you want.

Licensing of Hackney Carriages and Private Hire Vehicles, their drivers and Operators.

Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
Section 70 - Fees and Charges.

Enquiry submitted under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Information requested from the Council to allow Deks to consider the current scale of fees and charges by reference to the costs chargeable by the Council to the Cost Centre(s) covering the licensing of Taxis.

I ask the Council to provide the following information at the earliest opportunity:-

a) Please provide a copy of any report submitted by Licensing officers to the Head of Function or any Council body to request authority to implement the most recently revised scale of fees.

b) Please provide a copy of the financial estimates for the operation of the Taxi Licensing function

c) Please provide details of the number of vehicle licenses, driver licenses and operator licenses the Council envisages issuing in the current year.

d) Please provide a copy of the Job description of each member of staff wholly or partly employed in the carrying out of the vehicle, driver and operator licensing function. For staff not wholly employed on such activity please advise the percentage of time charged to the taxi and non-taxi activity in their job descriptions.

e) Please advise details of the staff and management structure in respect of taxi licensing.

f) Please advise details of staff costs charged directly to the licensing account
NB. I only request details of the posts and the aggregated total annual forecast cost including all Employer’s on-costs.

g) Please provide a copy of the Subjective Cost Centre(s) Budget(s) for taxi licensing activity showing the estimated costs and income for 2015/16 against each relevant nominal ledger code. Please also supply a copy of the year to date outturn to the last available accounting period and any forecast outturn for the current financial year.

h) Please provide details of how recovery of corporate overhead and any other indirect or apportioned charges are calculated for the Taxi Licensing Subjective cost centre(s).

i) Please advise, under the Council’s Constitution and scheme of delegation, which
Cabinet member(s) and Officers have responsibility for the determination of the
Council’s policies and practice in respect of any matters relating to its powers
under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 and The Local Government
(Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:05 pm 

I would do them one at a time..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 pm 

Our "PH ops licence" is an A4 laminated piece of paper

£70

when youve got 6 cars it becomes £40 (per car)

So why cheaper?.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm 

MR T wrote:

Last time that we did this exercise each item was requested by a different driver. =D>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 pm 

grandad wrote:
[
If you have the date that the act was adopted then yes, you need to trawl through the newspaper archives. When I did it I searched from 6 months prior to the date and 6 months after the date of adoption. I believe that it was supposed to be advertised twice. I never found any. I am keeping this on the back burner for a rainy day.

thank you will be going to view in near future

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 pm 

mancityfan wrote:
Here you go this should keep em busy for a while feel free to alter it if you want.

Licensing of Hackney Carriages and Private Hire Vehicles, their drivers and Operators.

Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
Section 70 - Fees and Charges.

Enquiry submitted under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Information requested from the Council to allow Deks to consider the current scale of fees and charges by reference to the costs chargeable by the Council to the Cost Centre(s) covering the licensing of Taxis.

I ask the Council to provide the following information at the earliest opportunity:-

a) Please provide a copy of any report submitted by Licensing officers to the Head of Function or any Council body to request authority to implement the most recently revised scale of fees.

b) Please provide a copy of the financial estimates for the operation of the Taxi Licensing function

c) Please provide details of the number of vehicle licenses, driver licenses and operator licenses the Council envisages issuing in the current year.

d) Please provide a copy of the Job description of each member of staff wholly or partly employed in the carrying out of the vehicle, driver and operator licensing function. For staff not wholly employed on such activity please advise the percentage of time charged to the taxi and non-taxi activity in their job descriptions.

e) Please advise details of the staff and management structure in respect of taxi licensing.

f) Please advise details of staff costs charged directly to the licensing account
NB. I only request details of the posts and the aggregated total annual forecast cost including all Employer’s on-costs.

g) Please provide a copy of the Subjective Cost Centre(s) Budget(s) for taxi licensing activity showing the estimated costs and income for 2015/16 against each relevant nominal ledger code. Please also supply a copy of the year to date outturn to the last available accounting period and any forecast outturn for the current financial year.

h) Please provide details of how recovery of corporate overhead and any other indirect or apportioned charges are calculated for the Taxi Licensing Subjective cost centre(s).

i) Please advise, under the Council’s Constitution and scheme of delegation, which
Cabinet member(s) and Officers have responsibility for the determination of the
Council’s policies and practice in respect of any matters relating to its powers
under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 and The Local Government
(Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.

I haven't got a clue what half of that is or means but I have just really enjoyed reading it and sending in the request

thank you for making me smile on a friday night when I AM extremely narked at the council over a different matter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 pm 

MR T wrote:

[edited by admin] too late sent it in before reading your comment

but to be fair I ve asked for 6 already this month an losing track of replies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:

Last time that we did this exercise each item was requested by a different driver. =D>

if only i could get enough drivers to stand up to the council

they all moan but no one wants to act or support those that do

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm 

Deks wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:

if only i could get enough drivers to stand up to the council

they all moan but no one wants to act or support those that do

Join the NTA.