Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:45 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I was supposed to meet a flight at 06.35 this morning at LHR (Virgin Atlantic) Heathrow site said on time ,flight stats 25 mins late went to bed and got a phone call half an hour later saying customer had phoned to say flight heavily delayed. Got up at 04.00 this morning Heathrow was still displaying on time and flight stats 25 mins late BUT on trying to click on tracking flight was NOT airborne.

06.35 Heathrow website saying flight on time if you put in number but if you scrolled through the list it had disappeared. luckily got another call 08.00 from customer saying flight now 23 and a half hours late and landing 06.05 tomorrow am with a changed flight number but neither LHR website or flight stats recognise this flight number :roll: so it is a ghost flight

so looks like I will have to turn up at LHR at about 06.20 and hope it has landed because there is no way to check it

Is it me or are airlines trying to hide delays and cancellations (especially Ryan air and Virgin) making it difficult for people meeting aircraft to know what is going on. I was lucky and got a call from my passengers but I wonder how many turned up at LHR this morning looking for passengers on an a flight which had simply vanished from the information systems ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:46 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I was supposed to meet a flight at 06.35 this morning at LHR (Virgin Atlantic) Heathrow site said on time ,flight stats 25 mins late went to bed and got a phone call half an hour later saying customer had phoned to say flight heavily delayed. Got up at 04.00 this morning Heathrow was still displaying on time and flight stats 25 mins late BUT on trying to click on tracking flight was NOT airborne.

06.35 Heathrow website saying flight on time if you put in number but if you scrolled through the list it had disappeared. luckily got another call 08.00 from customer saying flight now 23 and a half hours late and landing 06.05 tomorrow am with a changed flight number but neither LHR website or flight stats recognise this flight number :roll: so it is a ghost flight

so looks like I will have to turn up at LHR at about 06.20 and hope it has landed because there is no way to check it

Is it me or are airlines trying to hide delays and cancellations (especially Ryan air and Virgin) making it difficult for people meeting aircraft to know what is going on. I was lucky and got a call from my passengers but I wonder how many turned up at LHR this morning looking for passengers on an a flight which had simply vanished from the information systems ?

I use the FlightRadar24 App Paid for Pro-version...Costs about just £3.00 or such like and I don't think Ive ever not been able to track an Incoming flight once it's in the air. It works off the Real Airtraffic radar so is extremely accurate.

I just park up outside the airports and wait and watch the flight arrive in real time, give them 15/30 Minutes to clear arrivals then go look for my clients....saves a fortune on wasted parking time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:16 pm 

edders23 wrote:

It should show up on a route check.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:36 pm 

I'm another one who uses www.flightradar24.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:27 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I am still waiting for this plane it does NOT show up on flight stats or radar 24 but at least the LHR website acknowledges it this time now due in at 21.30 tonight only 39 hours late !!!!!!!!

I have had to rely on phone calls from the customer to tell me what is going on because Virgin have changed the flight number and are running it as a ghost flight to hide the fact it is 39 hours late !!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 am 

edders23 wrote:
I am still waiting for this plane it does NOT show up on flight stats or radar 24 but at least the LHR website acknowledges it this time now due in at 21.30 tonight only 39 hours late !!!!!!!!

I have had to rely on phone calls from the customer to tell me what is going on because Virgin have changed the flight number and are running it as a ghost flight to hide the fact it is 39 hours late !!

the same route will use the same flight number so just like buses there are 2 coming together, hence the new flight number