Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: seriously??
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:18 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
Whats all the fuss about...they can still hunt foxes now on Horseback and with dogs, it never went away, at least with this vote It'll either put it to bed or let it continue.

Really? Please explain your understanding of the current law on fox hunting.

They drag hunt a human scent but if the dogs go after a fox..... que sera sera

They still hunt up here but the Hunt have to use Smaller Hound packs and the Fox has to be destroyed using a Gun...It's still the same old hunt but technically all they are doing is flushing out the Fox for the chap with a gun.

I'm sure its no different to any other area of England.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:17 pm 

bloodnock wrote:

They still hunt up here but the Hunt have to use Smaller Hound packs and the Fox has to be destroyed using a Gun...It's still the same old hunt but technically all they are doing is flushing out the Fox for the chap with a gun.

The law permits hunting with 2 dogs. The riders on the horses and the pack of hounds are chasing a drag trail.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:36 pm 

grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

The law permits hunting with 2 dogs. The riders on the horses and the pack of hounds are chasing a drag trail.

Of course they are...that would be the wee four legged red thing that just happens to look exactly like a fox with about a Dozen hounds and 20 Horsemen dressed in Red and White hunting gear.

There are about a 18o Registered Hunts in England and Wales alone, Ive seen them every year chasing for the last few years chasing foxes and as far as I know they break no laws unless the Dogs kill the fox...all the hunt does is flush them out.

"Trail hunting" can be a very loosely applied term it seems.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:32 pm 

lets ban it all then

180 packs, say 30 dogs each and 20 horses? 5400 dogs and 3600 horses to be destroyed and a few thousand staff out of work...

more must foxes die on the roads than the hunters kill, are we to take cars off the roads?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:23 am 

Something needs to be done because they're all over the place. They are even out in the daytime round here.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:24 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
Something needs to be done because they're all over the place. They are even out in the daytime round here.

What are? Hunts or foxes? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:59 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:

probably because the horrible fookers breed them for hunting ?

here
know its old, but still stands

as i said

horrible cunts

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:00 pm 

Ive seen badgers and muntjac deer in the last few days

what you DONT want to meet at 60mph over cannock chase at night is a full sized deer

its the end of him/her and your car

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:53 am 

Nidge2 wrote:

Who..the Foxes, the Hunt Saboteurs or the Huntsmen or all of em.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:00 am 

Maybe its because of my rural and farming upbringing but I think fox numbers, deer numbers and badger numbers need some form of population control, people are dying through Car/deer strikes, badgers and foxes are mangling car front ends...it never used to happen as much years go because there were more game keepers and also fewer cars.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Maybe its because of my rural and farming upbringing but I think fox numbers, deer numbers and badger numbers need some form of population control, people are dying through Car/deer strikes, badgers and foxes are mangling car front ends...it never used to happen as much years go because there were more game keepers and also fewer cars.

townies view foxes as cute fluffy little puppies....not savage killing machines

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -baby.html

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:17 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

From a townie who now lives semi rural.

The argument that townies do not understand is abysmal.

I had it put to me that foxes kill for the sake of it, (no argument there) and that they also rip their prey apart bit by bit, ( no argument there either). The point that I do not get is that people try to justify ripping an animal apart by dressing it up as a sport! and then saying "well the fox does exactly the same (ripping it apart)" - so there. A putrid point/argument to say the least.

My point is this; The fox does not know any different - we as apparent intelligent human beings do! Foxes are recognised as a killer/menace, as such, they need to be trapped and destroyed humanely. Ripping any live animal apart is abhorrent.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:39 pm 

cabby john wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

From a townie who now lives semi rural.

The argument that townies do not understand is abysmal.

I had it put to me that foxes kill for the sake of it, (no argument there) and that they also rip their prey apart bit by bit, ( no argument there either). The point that I do not get is that people try to justify ripping an animal apart by dressing it up as a sport! and then saying "well the fox does exactly the same (ripping it apart)" - so there. A putrid point/argument to say the least.

My point is this; The fox does not know any different - we as apparent intelligent human beings do! Foxes are recognised as a killer/menace, as such, they need to be trapped and destroyed humanely. Ripping any live animal apart is abhorrent.

A fox being chased by a pack has a chance of getting away.......alternative.one man with a rifle .. crack one dead fox and prob the cubs as well..

Top of the tree when it comes to killing..Man..

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:41 pm 

Quote:
A fox being chased by a pack has a chance of getting away.......alternative.one man with a rifle .. crack one dead fox and prob the cubs as well..

Top of the tree when it comes to killing..Man..

wtf you on about mate ??? :-|

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:49 pm 

20 chooks in a coop have no chance if Mr Fox gets in, it will kill them all and take 1 for food

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next