Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:32 pm 

Nice to finally see positive and free of charge publicity for the black cab trade who in the past have lacked in the art of generating good PR :D

The Edinburgh trade is learning fast, fighting hard and winning the war but we'll alway's have a minority who think doom and gloom and Armageddon is upon us :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:38 pm 

Private Reggie wrote:
Nice to finally see positive and free of charge publicity for the black cab trade who in the past have lacked in the art of generating good PR :D

The Edinburgh trade is learning fast, fighting hard and winning the war but we'll alway's have a minority who think doom and gloom and Armageddon is upon us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously Dougie are you feeling alright? You've never been that stable but now you seem to be completely off your head. #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:41 pm 

On another note
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/shor ... ul-country
Add that to the fact that Edinburgh is the Hub of most travellers coming to Scotland, around 75% of all Scotlands tourist's come through Edinburgh :D
The low value of Sterling, the opening of new routes to and from the states by Norwegian airline have seen a huge increase in visitors coming through Edinburgh and not only from the US but from Europe also, Edinburgh is BOOMING :mrgreen:

Gary cmon mate your listening to the wrong people :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 pm 

Aye right Gary we're DOOMED :lol: :lol: :lol:

If any others in other areas of the UK are reading this thread please DO NOT click on this link :shock:

https://www.etag.org.uk/wp-content/uplo ... -Final.pdf

Edinburgh is BOOMING :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:57 pm 

Private Reggie wrote:

If any others in other areas of the UK are reading this thread please DO NOT click on this link :shock:

Ah so that's why your radio position is worthless and your plate "value" is falling it's because "Edinburgh is BOOMING" #-o #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:02 pm 

Skull wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:

Ah so that's why your radio position is worthless and your plate "value" is falling it's because "Edinburgh is BOOMING" #-o #-o #-o #-o

You win we're all DOOOOOMED :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 pm 

Private Reggie wrote:
Skull wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:

You win we're all DOOOOOMED :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you are doing so well, surely your radio position and plate "value" should be increasing? I know it's a silly little detail but how does this equate to your version of Edinburgh is BOOMING? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:46 pm 

"Fear", by the doom mongers, confidence and the values will again increase, no doubt the new competition is fuelling fear also but I believe we will over come once again, the co-op taxi model is perfect for a city like Edinburgh, I'm not worried and the plate value is holding up at a decent level, more than double what I paid, selling is a long way off for me anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 pm 

Private Reggie wrote:
"Fear", by the doom mongers, confidence and the values will again increase, no doubt the new competition is fuelling fear also but I believe we will over come once again, the co-op taxi model is perfect for a city like Edinburgh, I'm not worried and the plate value is holding up at a decent level, more than double what I paid, selling is a long way off for me anyway.

The Cooperative model is doomed to fail and is failing as your worthless radio position demonstrates. As for plate "values", the scarcity value that once was is now being eclipsed by Uber and Gett Taxi as they increase their share of the public transport market. So, Dougie, not only is your Plate "value" falling there is nothing you can do to stop its downward spiral until the market reaches a saturation point and your plate "value" hits rock-bottom. #-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:42 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I remember a similar thread from the Blackpool boys the upshot of which was that discounting, massively increased turnover without a huge increase in costs

many businesses are built on the fact that volume of trade compensates for lower margins and as far as I can ascertain this only counts for a small proportion of fares but is bringing in much more due to good publicity and the feel good factor that the Black cab trade is looking after the elderly and vulnerable

So I think time will tell but this might not be such a bad idea after all there is no such thing as bad publicity :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I remember a similar thread from the Blackpool boys the upshot of which was that discounting, massively increased turnover without a huge increase in costs

many businesses are built on the fact that volume of trade compensates for lower margins and as far as I can ascertain this only counts for a small proportion of fares but is bringing in much more due to good publicity and the feel good factor that the Black cab trade is looking after the elderly and vulnerable

So I think time will tell but this might not be such a bad idea after all there is no such thing as bad publicity :wink:

Discounting fares in Edinburgh has been tried before, the "no call out charge" had companies cutting each other's throats and all that happened is everyone worked for less. Oh and you can forget about the feel good factor and looking after the elderly and vulnerable - no one gives a sh*t! The "good publicity" is about filling up space in the local rag because they don't have a better story to run. Honestly, it's complete and utter bullshit to think that more people will use you because of the discounts you give to the elderly or vulnerable.These are acts of desperation and the level of discount is just insane. This is about pulling cabs out of the circuit to work for nothing so that others may get the chance of a job. Deary fu*king me...talk about the beginning of the end. #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:37 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Skull wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Discounting fares in Edinburgh has been tried before, the "no call out charge" had companies cutting each other's throats and all that happened is everyone worked for less. Oh and you can forget about the feel good factor and looking after the elderly and vulnerable - no one gives a sh*t! The "good publicity" is about filling up space in the local rag because they don't have a better story to run. Honestly, it's complete and utter bullshit to think that more people will use you because of the discounts you give to the elderly or vulnerable.These are acts of desperation and the level of discount is just insane. This is about pulling cabs out of the circuit to work for nothing so that others may get the chance of a job. Deary fu*king me...talk about the beginning of the end. #-o #-o #-o

time certainly hasn't mellowed your bitterness skull

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:55 pm 

Sorry Gary I have to put you out of your confused thinking, your failure to grasp how the cab assist discount actually works, get your head around the fact it only cost's the driver doing the job 80p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good PR though :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:30 pm 

Private Reggie wrote:
Sorry Gary I have to put you out of your confused thinking, your failure to grasp how the cab assist discount actually works, get your head around the fact it only cost's the driver doing the job 80p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good PR though :D

Dougie, picking up wheelchair customers is a sh*t job and no one wanted to do the job when Taxi Card was the only scheme operation. It's time-consuming and more often than not they are not going anywhere that's worth being dragged off the rank. Truth be told, there's not a c*n* out there driving a taxi that wants to pick up a clanky let alone give them a discount and then lose money because the jobs not worth the time doing it. #-o #-o

What fu*king world do you live in? You know that's the truth! You are just talking shi*e. #-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:34 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Skull wrote:
edders23 wrote:

time certainly hasn't mellowed your bitterness skull

"bitterness" tell me where I have got it wrong? :shock:

This is a fantasy and you are dreaming if you believe a single word of what you wrote. Not in the TAXI TRADE. :roll:
Quote: