Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Metrocab TTT questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:08 pm
Posts: 3
Hi All

Ive just bought a retired Metrocab TTT and so I have a few (hopefully not too daft) questions. Its not being used for taxi work but being driven to Spain 8)

1) Any tuning tips to make any faster ? Its never gonna be a race car but every little helps lo
2) I need to install a front passenger seat, anything reccomended ? I guess something narrow such as Fiesta ? Swopping the vinyl drivers would be good too. Anything a simple swop onto the stock driver seat frame ?
3) Although its been well maintained & we are checking it over, any common weak points to check ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9597
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
B2BSteve wrote:
Hi All

Ive just bought a retired Metrocab TTT and so I have a few (hopefully not too daft) questions. Its not being used for taxi work but being driven to Spain 8)

1) Any tuning tips to make any faster ? Its never gonna be a race car but every little helps lo
2) I need to install a front passenger seat, anything reccomended ? I guess something narrow such as Fiesta ? Swopping the vinyl drivers would be good too. Anything a simple swop onto the stock driver seat frame ?
3) Although its been well maintained & we are checking it over, any common weak points to check ?


1. Good luck in making it faster.
2. Make sure the runners line up
3. It won't rot it's fiberglass


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 10467
Location: Scotland
Its a Toyota 2.4 turbo engine, so a bigger turbo and inter cooler, you might also be able to get it chipped, apparently you can.
several tuners http://hyperchips.co.uk/toyota-ecu-rema ... ip-tuning/

_________________
Always discount to get more fares


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Edinburgh
Just chuck a supra twin turbo engine into it :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm
Posts: 1952
Location: Edinburgh
I had one from new (03 auto) for 9 years and it’s still on the road in Edinburgh, biggest tip I can offer is to get the fuel pump and belts done, these cabs will run for a long time, the guy that bought mine has a couple of others and lots of spare parts etc.

_________________
Alway's been about Tightening the Grip!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 10467
Location: Scotland
Private Reggie wrote:
I had one from new (03 auto) for 9 years and it’s still on the road in Edinburgh, biggest tip I can offer is to get the fuel pump and belts done, these cabs will run for a long time, the guy that bought mine has a couple of others and lots of spare parts etc.


There is a maroon one that needs possibly a new interior, on engine road Lasswade, its on the right as you drive down to the scrap yard in a pound next to a printers, bodywork looks A1

_________________
Always discount to get more fares


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm
Posts: 1952
Location: Edinburgh
Mines was knightfire red, 03 but Private reg T999 AXY Still going strong, bodies on them will last a long time, great vehicles for using to advertise and shift stock around etc

_________________
Alway's been about Tightening the Grip!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:08 pm
Posts: 3
Anybody help with theseat question ? A fiesta seat is a very tight fit.
Somebody else musta fitted something in there


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 10467
Location: Scotland
B2BSteve wrote:
Anybody help with theseat question ? A fiesta seat is a very tight fit.
Somebody else musta fitted something in there


Keep an eye out for a 7 seater, I had one with a pull down in the front

_________________
Always discount to get more fares


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:08 pm
Posts: 3
As my post reads, I want to fit a different seat not a standard pull down seat.
2000 miles on a flip down aint going to be comfortable for anybody.

The main issue seems to be getting a frame in there due to the centre console. I'm looking at adapting a minibus seat frame, including the floor mounted runners but with a Fiesta seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group