Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:19 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43816717

Drugs leave 12 dead since December in a Cumbrian town

Police say they are struggling to stem the tide of drugs such as heroin and crack cocaine in Barrow-in-Furness.
They say staff cuts are hampering their ability to tackle gangs arriving from as far away as London to sell them.
The county council blames government cuts for substantial reductions in drug and alcohol services.

whilst I'm sure budget cuts haven't helped surely it is not beyond the wit of man to do something about it ! This sounds to me more like "they are only druggies so we don't care" but dressed up in pc language

It would be interesting to see if our occassional poster from here can shed light on what problems it's causing because I bet the local trade is suffering runners and other problems as a result

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 pm 

County lines are all over the country at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm 

edders23 wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43816717

Drugs leave 12 dead since December in a Cumbrian town

Police say they are struggling to stem the tide of drugs such as heroin and crack cocaine in Barrow-in-Furness.
They say staff cuts are hampering their ability to tackle gangs arriving from as far away as London to sell them.
The county council blames government cuts for substantial reductions in drug and alcohol services.

whilst I'm sure budget cuts haven't helped surely it is not beyond the wit of man to do something about it ! This sounds to me more like "they are only druggies so we don't care" but dressed up in pc language

It would be interesting to see if our occassional poster from here can shed light on what problems it's causing because I bet the local trade is suffering runners and other problems as a result

We do have some problems here in Barrow but I don't think that it's any worse than other Towns. The problem is mainly confined to two separate blocks of flats one privately owned and the other council owned. The privately owned flats don't ask for a deposit or carry out ant kind of checks on tenants. This has led to probation services from other towns exporting recently released prisoners here. The other block seems to be a dumping ground for problem council tenants. We have had problems with runners and assaults from both blocks and drivers are reluctant to pick up from either block now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 am 

Been quite a few in the borders as well