Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bp what a surprise

Hundreds of vehicles could have been filled with the wrong type of fuel after a mix-up at an M4 service station.

The tank for diesel used by HGVs at Reading Services, Berkshire, had been contaminated with petrol.
Before it closed on Thursday, about 9,000 litres of fuel were reportedly pumped at the BP station.
BP said in a statement that it was "working with our customers".

Tests on the remaining pumps at the site revealed the contamination was limited to the HGV tank.
BP said it was first made aware of the problem by two HGV drivers.

The company said in a statement that it encouraged "anyone who believes they may have been impacted to contact us directly."
Manager 'didn't know'

Driver Tony Jones, whose vehicle was affected, said: "I don't think they are doing anything to protect the public because people are still driving around with the wrong fuel in their cars."
Mr Jones said he told the manager at the service station as soon as he realised there was petrol in the diesel.

"He was still letting people buy the fuel - and he didn't know which pumps had contaminated fuel in them," he said.

"He said he had sold 9,000 litres since the delivery that morning," the driver added.

Mr Jones said BP arranged for his truck's fuel tank to be drained but believes the damage will be long-term.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:30 pm 

Happened down here about 10 years ago.

Must have been several hundred cars needing to be drained etc and new sensors etc.

My brother in law was one and his final claim was about £1,500.

Which in all fairness they paid within days.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:26 pm 

I part-filled my diesel Range Rover with petrol a few years ago, maybe 10-15 litres. filled the tank with diesel, never had any more problems.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:09 am 

roythebus wrote:
I part-filled my diesel Range Rover with petrol a few years ago, maybe 10-15 litres. filled the tank with diesel, never had any more problems.

About 10 years ago one of our drivers put half a tank of petrol in our diesel piccasso. The advice I was given was to fill it with diesel and then keep it topped up with diesel every day. Change the fuel filter immediatly and every 1000 miles for 5000 miles. We sold the car when it came to the end of its taxi life in 2012 and it is still being used by the current owner every day.