Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 pm 

This has been posted on 'It's Orlando Time' Facebook group. It's a group for those visiting Disneyworld, etc, in Florida. It has become apparent over the last week or so that a lot of Uber drivers are adding an unjustified cleaning charge. 170,000 members may have a fair bit of clout!!!

"ADMIN:Evening guys,just to let you know Tony is contacting Uber about the scam that is cleaning charges,we are seeing it more and more on here and other groups,this amounts to theft and as such we have a responsibility to our members to try and protect them,with 170,000 members hopefully that will be enough for them to sit up and listen,if not we will be putting warnings up about this scam,names of drivers have been sent along with the amount of times we are seeing this scam on the group,the last thing any of our members should be doing on holiday is having to deal with this,they should just be enjoying a fantastic time,we see a lot of comments where others have no problems at all,that is fine,but to us even one scam is one to many and can put a real downer on members holidays,we will let you know if Uber reply,in the mean time if using Uber you may or may not be hit with this scam."

If I hear how this progresses, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
and there was me thinking uber drivers were so well paid they didn't need to resort to scams and tricks

exit sarcasm mode

I am not the least bit surprised

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:31 pm 

In the US there is no licensing system for Uber and Lyft drivers.

Hence you have more iffy Uber drivers there than you do here.

And like here, Uber don't give a f*** there either.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:57 am 

It looks like Uber aren't interested in the opinions of a group 170,000 strong. I have suggested that a national newspaper may be interested in the rip off UK holiday makers are risking in Orlando.

"Admin ยท 20 hrs
UBERGATE- just to let everyone know ive been having a few emails between myself and uber over the cleaning scam that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment im afraid uber have been useless so we will not be recommending them from this group and if members do use them then i would advise you all to take photos before and after your ride for yr own protection."