Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17804
I have been told that if you pick up passengers at the drop off point at Manchester that you can't get out unless you pay £100.00 is this true?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 826
grandad wrote:
I have been told that if you pick up passengers at the drop off point at Manchester that you can't get out unless you pay £100.00 is this true?


Not as far as I know unless they have marshals watching you. I know they have had a lot of them around there whilst they introduce the new drop-off charges. I don’t know how the machine would know if you had picked-up or dropped-off without a marshal informing his superiors.
One of the big problems is the time it’s taking to get to the barrier after you have dropped-off. One of our guys was stationary less than 2mins, because 2 off the barriers weren’t working it took him around 15 mins before he could get to the barrier it then asked him for £10, he pressed the help button and the guy at the other end said to pay it and then claim it back ( yeah, right!) he refused and was threatened with the police he said “ fine, I’ll stay here until they turn up” ( blocking that barrier off ) the guy manually changed the amount requested to £4 and the driver paid this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9824
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
I don't do Manchester because of this. They've created something to make money.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 826
Nidge2 wrote:
I don't do Manchester because of this. They've created something to make money.


John Lennon is the same, we have £2 each way over the new bridge and then at least £3 to drop-off, £7 before we even turn a wheel.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9824
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
x-ray wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
I don't do Manchester because of this. They've created something to make money.


John Lennon is the same, we have £2 each way over the new bridge and then at least £3 to drop-off, £7 before we even turn a wheel.



Disgusting, the airport get money for everyone through the door, it seems like they want paying twice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22115
Location: A City near Birmingham
Nidge2 wrote:
x-ray wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
I don't do Manchester because of this. They've created something to make money.


John Lennon is the same, we have £2 each way over the new bridge and then at least £3 to drop-off, £7 before we even turn a wheel.



Disgusting, the airport get money for everyone through the door, it seems like they want paying twice.


BHX charge for luggage trollies, not returned after use, just to go across the dropoff/terminal building

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17804
x-ray wrote:
grandad wrote:
I have been told that if you pick up passengers at the drop off point at Manchester that you can't get out unless you pay £100.00 is this true?


Not as far as I know unless they have marshals watching you. I know they have had a lot of them around there whilst they introduce the new drop-off charges. I don’t know how the machine would know if you had picked-up or dropped-off without a marshal informing his superiors.
One of the big problems is the time it’s taking to get to the barrier after you have dropped-off. One of our guys was stationary less than 2mins, because 2 off the barriers weren’t working it took him around 15 mins before he could get to the barrier it then asked him for £10, he pressed the help button and the guy at the other end said to pay it and then claim it back ( yeah, right!) he refused and was threatened with the police he said “ fine, I’ll stay here until they turn up” ( blocking that barrier off ) the guy manually changed the amount requested to £4 and the driver paid this.

I was told that they have someone monitoring the area with cctv.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22115
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandad wrote:
I was told that they have someone monitoring the area with cctv.



Fines pay wages..........

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12912
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Heard the other day that a local driver tried to sneak out of EMA by following another car through but got a court summons for non payment of the parking fee

Apparently CCTV is being monitored as are the ANPR cameras

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17804
I had 2 drop offs there yesterday morning. For the first one the barrier was already up and cars could just drive out and for the second one there were 2 pound coins in the return slot so 2 free exits. It may not be much but I will call it a result. :D

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12912
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
I had 2 drop offs there yesterday morning. For the first one the barrier was already up and cars could just drive out and for the second one there were 2 pound coins in the return slot so 2 free exits. It may not be much but I will call it a result. :D



a win is a win well done =D>

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43516
Location: 1066 Country
edders23 wrote:
Apparently CCTV is being monitored as are the ANPR cameras

Sometimes I can't stand CCTV. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 12912
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Apparently CCTV is being monitored as are the ANPR cameras

Sometimes I can't stand CCTV. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:



You......................... the no1 fan in the world of all things CCTV

nah don't believe you [-(

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:39 am
Posts: 275
Location: Southport
At Liverpool Airport you can drop off and pick up for free, instead of turning left you go right and your punters then have to walk, at least they've got the option.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17804
Southport PH wrote:
At Liverpool Airport you can drop off and pick up for free, instead of turning left you go right and your punters then have to walk, at least they've got the option.

Most airports have a free option. it usually requires the passenger to use the transfer bus to the car park furthest from the terminal.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group