Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 812
Southport PH wrote:
At Liverpool Airport you can drop off and pick up for free, instead of turning left you go right and your punters then have to walk, at least they've got the option.


I know, but it’s quite a walk. I give them the option though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9820
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
grandad wrote:
Southport PH wrote:
At Liverpool Airport you can drop off and pick up for free, instead of turning left you go right and your punters then have to walk, at least they've got the option.

Most airports have a free option. it usually requires the passenger to use the transfer bus to the car park furthest from the terminal.

Doncaster has a 30 minutes free wait outside the terminal. I don't know how long it will last or until it's bought out by Manchester Airport then it won't be free.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm
Posts: 812
Quote:
Doncaster has a 30 minutes free wait outside the terminal. I don't know how long it will last or until it's bought out by Manchester Airport then it won't be free.


Just been voted the best Airport in the UK as well =D>


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 336
Recently doncaster/Sheffield airport has started charging me at the exit,that's a change.i hope they revert to free as soon as the summer has gone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:16 pm
Posts: 148
Location: glasgow
rayggb wrote:
Recently doncaster/Sheffield airport has started charging me at the exit,that's a change.i hope they revert to free as soon as the summer has gone


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wishful thinking im afraid
as soon as they see the readies coming in your snookered

_________________
i started out with nothing and ive still got most of it left


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:55 pm
Posts: 479
rayggb wrote:
Recently doncaster/Sheffield airport has started charging me at the exit,that's a change.i hope they revert to free as soon as the summer has gone


You can still drop off and pick up at Doncaster airport for free use the long stay car park for dropping off and the short stay car park for pick ups for up to 15 minutes free.
The only thing to be wary of is stopping anywhere on the double yellow lined roads around the airport as they are privately owned and a camera van is constantly patrolling and if you're caught stationery for even a few seconds you can expect a PCN through your letterbox.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17787
Midlife martyr wrote:
The only thing to be wary of is stopping anywhere on the double yellow lined roads around the airport as they are privately owned and a camera van is constantly patrolling and if you're caught stationery for even a few seconds you can expect a PCN through your letterbox.

Can you be issued with a PCN if the roads are privately owned?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43364
Location: 1066 Country
grandad wrote:
Midlife martyr wrote:
The only thing to be wary of is stopping anywhere on the double yellow lined roads around the airport as they are privately owned and a camera van is constantly patrolling and if you're caught stationery for even a few seconds you can expect a PCN through your letterbox.

Can you be issued with a PCN if the roads are privately owned?

I suspect he meant a ticket from one of the scammers.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 336
How do I pick up at terminal 1 since the new system ?(avoided man air for ages).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 336
I'll answer myself,don't flipping bother flipping nightmare!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:39 pm
Posts: 1414
rayggb wrote:
How do I pick up at terminal 1 since the new system ?(avoided man air for ages).


Term 1 has a multi story car park and an outside one. There’s nothing hard about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:39 pm
Posts: 1414
grandad wrote:
I have been told that if you pick up passengers at the drop off point at Manchester that you can't get out unless you pay £100.00 is this true?


They have marshals there waiting for you. And yes it’s £100


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22098
Location: A City near Birmingham
I dont have these issues.............

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group