Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34323
Page 1 of 4

Author:  Sussex [ Fri May 10, 2019 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Opened at $45 a share. (low end of the $44-$50 anticipated price range)

Currently $44.50 a share.

N.B. Bloomberg have suggested that Uber has prioritized selecting shareholders -- particularly institutional investors -- that it thinks will hold on to the stock for a long time. They don't want a Lyft style mini crash.

Uber share price tracker index.

Author:  Sussex [ Sat May 11, 2019 3:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

First day closed $3.43 (7.62%) down.

Current price $41.57.

Business Insider gives a view on the first day and indicates why some will not be pleased.

https://www.businessinsider.in/Sure-Ube ... 276518.cms

Author:  edders23 [ Sat May 11, 2019 6:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

I think the real marker will be how the market reacts on publishing the first full results after the IPO

I think uber will "miraculously" show a profit for the first time ever and shares will finish at a 10 to 15 percent premium over 12 months after that is where it will be make or break time

Author:  Sussex [ Sat May 11, 2019 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

edders23 wrote:
I think the real marker will be how the market reacts on publishing the first full results after the IPO

I think uber will "miraculously" show a profit for the first time ever and shares will finish at a 10 to 15 percent premium over 12 months after that is where it will be make or break time

Not sure that will happen at all, but if they ever did make a profit it will be 10 years + at the earliest.

Author:  Sussex [ Sat May 11, 2019 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

A very to the point article from the US.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/05/1 ... pointment/

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Sat May 11, 2019 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Remember "they" (the buyers/sellers) of shares make money regardless of the share PRICES, once its a saleable item its commission on share movements and also 1 rumour drops the price (SELL SELL SELL) and another hikes the price (BUY BUY BUY) to a peak then SELL SELL SELL to take the profit.

Its not our world and we can never truly understand it

Author:  Sussex [ Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Closed 13/05/2019 $37.10.

Down 10.86% on the day.

Saudi's are about $1,000,000,000 down on their investments last year.

Author:  roythebus [ Tue May 14, 2019 11:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Sussex wrote:
Closed 13/05/2019 $37.10.

Down 10.86% on the day.

Saudi's are about $1,000,000,000 down on their investments last year.
Loose change to most Saudis.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

roythebus wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Closed 13/05/2019 $37.10.

Down 10.86% on the day.

Saudi's are about $1,000,000,000 down on their investments last year.
Loose change to most Saudis.


OPEC price of oil up

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Tue May 14, 2019 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

In a week Facebook shares fell 3%

https://www.google.com/search?q=faceboo ... e&ie=UTF-8

Author:  Sussex [ Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Closed 14/05/2019 $39.96.

Up $2.70 (7.25%) on the day.

Down $5.04 (11.2%) since IPO.

Author:  edders23 [ Wed May 15, 2019 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Sussex wrote:
Closed 13/05/2019 $37.10.

Down 10.86% on the day.

Saudi's are about $1,000,000,000 down on their investments last year.



you are of course assuming that they left their money in and didn't cash in on the IPO ?

My understanding is that often on these IPO's there is an option for all current investors to get a slice of the IPO money and be reimbursed at a tidy profit as the business is immediately worth x amount more than the sum of previous capital investment

Author:  Sussex [ Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Quote:
you are of course assuming that they left their money in and didn't cash in on the IPO ?

My understanding is that often on these IPO's there is an option for all current investors to get a slice of the IPO money and be reimbursed at a tidy profit as the business is immediately worth x amount more than the sum of previous capital investment

We have to remember in early 2018 the Saudi's invested $3.5 billion in Uber, buying shares at $48.77 each.

The markets closed today at $41.70. Thus they are down just over $8 a share, or $547,000,000.

Author:  Sussex [ Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Closed $43.26 up 4.76% on the day.

Only down $1.74 since IPO.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Sun May 19, 2019 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Uber share price from IPO 10/05/2019

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
you are of course assuming that they left their money in and didn't cash in on the IPO ?

My understanding is that often on these IPO's there is an option for all current investors to get a slice of the IPO money and be reimbursed at a tidy profit as the business is immediately worth x amount more than the sum of previous capital investment

We have to remember in early 2018 the Saudi's invested $3.5 billion in Uber, buying shares at $48.77 each.

The markets closed today at $41.70. Thus they are down just over $8 a share, or $547,000,000.


and what - the overall scheme of Saudi finances - that?

a days oil production?

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/