UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Heathrow AVA review
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
One thing I notice is WE NEVER DO REVIEWS

so as a one off I thought i would see how disinterested you all are :lol:

Today for the first time I used the Heathrow AVA (uber car park) dropped of at 11.45 and had more coming in at 14.30 so needed to kill a couple of hours

It is very easy to access turn left after you exit the tunnel then left again at the top and the entrance is 50 yards on the left. Marked bays are pretty standard size but will fit a Tourneo (just). There are two sections the first has about 50 to 60 spaces as you come in and then there are a couple of hundred more over the bridge. At no point did I see it more than half full

There are two toilet blocks in the first section a urinal only block and a normal block next to the exit in the main section. they are reasonably clean and quite substantial Portacabin style blocks. I did notice signs threatening to take them away if they are abused with a piccie of a t*rd left in the urinal (it seems uber drivers are creatures of habit :roll: )

The catering consists of a small catering van and a covered area near it with seats. the selection was geared more to Asian tastes but there was a good selection of cold drinks and a lot more reasonably priced than in the terminals

Views are either of the roundabout and tunnel entrances on one side or a builders yard and perimeter road on the other but you do get to also see the aircraft taking off which does get a bit repetitive after a while

Cost is £1 an hour up to 5 hours over that and your up to just under £30 which was fine as my plane was slightly early so out in well under 3 hours

saw a lot of cars popping in for 20 to 30 mins before going to the terminals to pick up and it probably would help keep you terminal car park charges down a little. It might also be handy for drivers dropping off at the airport who want to take a short break before setting off on the return leg

All in all not a bad effort by Heathrow and a useful facility for the trade as long as it doesn't get abused

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: Heathrow AVA review
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:28 pm 

I must have passed that hundreds of times, but never considered going in.

But you have to give LHR 10 out of 10 for at least trying this out.

Normally these places are a million miles from the terminal(s), but this one is in the middle of all the action.

Post subject: Re: Heathrow AVA review
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well one month on and it has changed quite a lot the first section is now closed and access across the bridge to the second section is now traffic light controlled with big high security fences and barbed wire !!!! and no pedestrian access so one set of loos now unavailable

plenty of room in the other half still though

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !