Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:53 pm 

Get a good run up, then a nice straight downhill stretch perhaps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:28 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Chris the Fish wrote:
Get a good run up, then a nice straight downhill stretch perhaps.

and what about the permanent crawling chicanes I mean traffic !

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:28 pm 

I was under the impression that to work for these firms you had to be vetted including DBS :-k

60 takeaway riders (uber eats+ others) arrested

Offences included the possession of false documentation and working illegally in the UK, the Home Office said on Monday.

Cash and weapons suspected of being linked to criminal activity were also seized.

Of those arrested, 44 were detained by the Home Office pending their deportation from the UK, while 16 are being released on immigration bail.

have only copied part of article

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:07 pm 

The rest of the gang are chatting about this here Edders....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39443

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:31 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
The rest of the gang are chatting about this here Edders....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39443

never appeared in my browser when i logged on earlier and I consider it to be a non taxi story which it is :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:48 pm 

Quote:
never appeared in my browser when i logged on earlier and I consider it to be a non taxi story which it is :wink:

It is a non-taxi story, but it does have relevance with respect to the taxi trade, as I doubt the issues being investigated aren't mirrored in the taxi trade.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:21 am 

Oh look the train drivers want cup final day off

Train drivers to strike again on FA Cup final day

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:27 pm 

Deliveroo customer says she caught laughing delivery riders eating her burgers in front of her after claiming her lunch had been delivered to her office

A Deliveroo customer has said she caught laughing riders for the firm eating her burgers in front of her after they claimed to have delivered her lunch to her office.

The woman said she ordered £50 worth of food from Almost Famous, on Great Northern Square in Manchester, for herself and two colleagues at lunchtime on Friday.

She then received a notification from the Deliveroo app which said a rider had tried to deliver the food and had left it by the entrance of her work's building in the city centre.

But after leaving the office to look for it she said the food was nowhere to be seen.

'I got a notification at 12.54pm saying they'd tried to deliver it and tried ringing the intercom but just left it by the entrance of the office walk,' she explained. 'Two minutes later, I walked down and it wasn't there.'

The Deliveroo customer added: 'I immediately thought my food had been stolen, so I contacted them and they said they couldn't refund me because the driver had been outside for eight minutes.

'This was still within the eight minutes, and I always see drivers hanging around outside the Pret round the corner, so I just thought I'd look there and I saw a bunch of people outside eating our burgers.

'I knew it was the drivers because they had our food on the table, and the exact same order number on the bag.

'I took a picture of them and they just laughed in my face and said "well, we're still getting paid for it". They couldn't care less, they just continued to eat it.'

The woman said she said the situation was 'so ridiculous' and many of her friends don't believe it happened. After seeing the drivers, she contacted Deliveroo and the restaurant.

'It was literally two minutes from getting the notification on my phone to say they were trying to deliver it to me getting downstairs,' she added. 'There was no way they waited.'

After finding out about the incident, Almost Famous reached out to the woman and delivered a replacement order, while the woman has also since had a refund from Deliveroo.

A spokesperson for Almost Famous said: 'We're just happy to see the Deliveroo drivers got a meal so good for their lunch, the Friday feeling was in full swing and the food just must have smelt that good they couldn't resist.

'All has been resolved with Deliveroo and the customer, we sent out a fresh meal to her office so she didn't miss out. All in lighthearted fun, we don't like to take things too seriously and just want to make dreams come true and make people happy in tough times. Who could be mad at those smug grins elbow deep in Bacon Bacon Everything.'

Deliveroo said it is investigating the circumstances surrounding around the incident.

A Deliveroo spokesperson said: 'We are very sorry to hear about this incident; we expect all the riders we work with to behave professionally at all times and this is a matter we take very seriously.

'We have apologised to the customer, offered a full refund and the restaurant prepared and delivered another order for them.

'We're also following up with the rider as a matter of urgency.'

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:25 am 

YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP

Entire car park ticketed :shock:

A commuter said she was stunned after returning to her vehicle to discover a car park full of vehicles had been ticketed following a council mistake.

The vehicles were parked at the Duke Street car park in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, on Monday.

It is understood Buckinghamshire Council put up a small sign stating it was closed for "relining".

The council has now said the tickets should not have been issued and it would cancel the enforcement notices.

Heleen Jalvingh, who lives in the town, said she had arrived at the car park at 07:00 BST and paid for her car park ticket via an app.

She said she parked next to a row of other cars already parked there and looked at the "big car park signs out of a habit, but no notices to be seen".

The 48-year-old said she was later shown a picture on Facebook of a sign, about the size of an A4 sheet of paper, "somewhere on the car park".

"But I have not seen this and the rest of the car park apparently didn't either, as we all returned to High Wycombe to find a yellow plastic envelope stuck on our windscreen," she said.

"This was obviously extremely disappointing, as we had done our duty by paying for the car park."

What's the betting the incompetent council official responsible won't lose their job !

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:01 pm 

Quote:
The council has now said the tickets should not have been issued and it would cancel the enforcement notices.

100% prize pratt numpties. #-o

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 7:33 pm 

How on earth can you not notice you've got the body up there must be a significant change in the vehicles handling

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-essex-65653429

there is a video on the bbc news site but am not tech savvy enough to know how to link to it

Lorry hits power lines at Essex railway crossing

An explosion and smoke was captured by CCTV as a lorry hit overhead electricity lines at a railway crossing.

Train company c2c posted the footage on Twitter and said it happened this week between Stanford-le-Hope and Pitsea in Essex, causing disruption to services.

It said: "Please take care around level crossings and railways. If you drive a vehicle check you know the height restrictions."

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:27 pm 

Idiot.

Sadly the world is full of them.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:21 am 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

100% prize pratt numpties. #-o

so glad i never went to uni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:46 pm 

Pretty sure this is the lowest a football fan can ever get. :sad: :sad:

Man charged over '97' football shirt at FA Cup final

A man has been charged over a football shirt which appeared to refer to the 97 fans who died as a result of the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

James White, 33, from Warwickshire, was charged with displaying threatening or abusive writing likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

He was bailed to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court in London on Monday.

The Metropolitan Police said 22 other people were arrested at the Wembley FA Cup final on Saturday.

The force said they were detained during the match between Manchester City and Manchester United for offences including assault, affray, possession of drugs and drunk and disorderly behaviour.

Officers are also investigating after an item was thrown on to the pitch after the United goal in their 2-1 defeat by City.

Police said no-one had been arrested yet over the incident.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:23 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Pretty sure this is the lowest a football fan can ever get. :sad: :sad:

Man charged over '97' football shirt at FA Cup final

A man has been charged over a football shirt which appeared to refer to the 97 fans who died as a result of the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

James White, 33, from Warwickshire, was charged with displaying threatening or abusive writing likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

He was bailed to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court in London on Monday.

He probably thought its an England shirt for Billy Notenough #97 who plays left back for Sunderlamd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next