Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Commuters win by a fall and a submission

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50079716

Commuters have dragged climate change protesters from the roof of a London Underground train.
Extinction Rebellion activists climbed on top of trains at Stratford, Canning Town and Shadwell during Thursday's rush hour.

The Jubilee Line and Docklands Light Railway were earlier partially suspended. Minor delays are still reported on the lines.

Four protesters have been arrested, British Transport Police (BTP) said.

Extinction Rebellion said the disruption was "necessary to highlight the emergency".
One commuter shouted at protesters on the top of the Tube train: "I have to get to work too - I have to feed my kids."


In a statement BTP said: "We continue to urge protesters to not target the London Underground network. This is dangerous, not only for protesters but for commuters.

"We have increased our patrols on the London Underground and at other rail hubs throughout London."


About time someone stood up these numpties their choices of target at times are somewhat baffling and I personally think they are just anarchists using climate change as an excuse

I don't think the passengers dragging them off was OTT and I hope the police don't over react

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:36 pm
Posts: 862
Sounds like the tide is turning against XR. =D>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well what do they expect Underground trains are one of the greenest forms of transport around and the general public are who they want on their side not to alienate them

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Uber begins the pilot phase of its boat service in Nigeria :roll:

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)As part of its expansion plans into Africa, global ride-hailing firm Uber Technologies launched a pilot test of their taxi boat service on Friday in Lagos, Nigeria's commercial hub.

To attract customers who want to avoid the city's frequently congested roads, Uber will operate a two-week pilot phase of the boat service in conjunction with the Lagos State Water Authority (LASWA) and local boat operators, Texas Connection Ferries.

Destined to sink without a trace I hope

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm
Posts: 1775
edders23 wrote:
Uber begins the pilot phase of its boat service in Nigeria :roll:

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)As part of its expansion plans into Africa, global ride-hailing firm Uber Technologies launched a pilot test of their taxi boat service on Friday in Lagos, Nigeria's commercial hub.

To attract customers who want to avoid the city's frequently congested roads, Uber will operate a two-week pilot phase of the boat service in conjunction with the Lagos State Water Authority (LASWA) and local boat operators, Texas Connection Ferries.

Destined to sink without a trace I hope



Ah but they will not be to blame as they are not a transport provider,the ferry company will carry the can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
heathcote wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Uber begins the pilot phase of its boat service in Nigeria :roll:

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)As part of its expansion plans into Africa, global ride-hailing firm Uber Technologies launched a pilot test of their taxi boat service on Friday in Lagos, Nigeria's commercial hub.

To attract customers who want to avoid the city's frequently congested roads, Uber will operate a two-week pilot phase of the boat service in conjunction with the Lagos State Water Authority (LASWA) and local boat operators, Texas Connection Ferries.

Destined to sink without a trace I hope



Ah but they will not be to blame as they are not a transport provider,the ferry company will carry the can.



true

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 22164
Location: A City near Birmingham
edders23 wrote:
Uber begins the pilot phase of its boat service in Nigeria :roll:


First boat leaves monday from Dover
on tuesday boats for France, Germany and Latvia leave with Polands boat due out the following day

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 22164
Location: A City near Birmingham
heathcote wrote:
Ah but they will not be to blame as they are not a transport provider,the ferry company will carry the can.


if i book a train ticket with "tickets online" does that make them a rail company?...

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 43957
Location: 1066 Country
wannabeeahack wrote:
heathcote wrote:
Ah but they will not be to blame as they are not a transport provider,the ferry company will carry the can.


if i book a train ticket with "tickets online" does that make them a rail company?...

Big difference here is that to offer their services Uber have to be a licensed operator.

I've always struggled to see how a licensed private hire operator can be anything other than a transport supplier.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
if you book tickets to a show through an agency does that make them a promoter ?

The train line are very much an agency because they sell tickets for all rail operators

Uber only take bookings for their vehicles you can't book Addison lee or DG cars through the Uber app :wink:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50169527

Smart motorways are to be reviewed following concerns over driver safety, the transport secretary has said.

Grant Shapps told MPs: "We know people are dying on smart motorways".
He said recommendations are expected "in a matter of weeks" to ensure all motorways are "as safe as they possibly can be".

Earlier this week, Highways England boss Jim O'Sullivan warned "dynamic" smart motorways are "too complicated" for drivers.

Mr O'Sullivan said he did not think he would build any more dynamic smart motorways because too many motorists do not understand them.

No government put too much faith in their safety

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 43957
Location: 1066 Country
They have been installing one of these f***ing things on the M23, and it's been years and years of driving miles on the motorway at no more than 50mph. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

And now it's getting near the end, they are deemed unsafe. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
They have been installing one of these f***ing things on the M23, and it's been years and years of driving miles on the motorway at no more than 50mph. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

And now it's getting near the end, they are deemed unsafe. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:



apparently this year alone 5 killed on the Notts section of the M1

the M42 when they did it has a lay by every 550 yards but the M1 only one every 1 and a half miles

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6713
Yes they are clever these Tory's aint they :badgrin: :badgrin:

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 13248
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
trotskys twin wrote:
Yes they are clever these Tory's aint they :badgrin: :badgrin:


not the sharpest Blades in the box but neither are your mob :wink:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group