Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 2:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
This is so ridiculous it's funny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-52230081

George, 68, from Edinburgh, told how he had stopped to speak to a friend - making sure they kept a "large" distance between them - after they happened to meet during his daily walk in The Meadows in Edinburgh.

He said: "Suddenly this woman came up to us shouting that we were too close and produced a measuring tape from her pocket.

"She then began measuring the distance between us."

He said his 6ft tall friend had even lain down on the ground to help demonstrate that they were even further apart than the recommended distance of two metres (almost 6.6ft).

"I was shocked by her behaviour and reaction," he said.

the woman needs sectioning methinks :lol:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Plymouth
edders23 wrote:
the woman needs sectioning methinks :lol:

Surely a more measured response would be better!

=D> =D>

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45388
Location: 1066 Country
This pandemic has defo brought out the busy bodies.

People should just concentrate on what they need to do, and let others do any required policing.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
guinness now on home delivery :lol:

Good things come to those who wait with new Guinness-on-wheels service

April 16, 2020 3:57:09 PM

An enterprising Belfast publican is pulling pints on people’s doorsteps in a novel response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Hatfield House has been shuttered during the pandemic but is operating a Guinness-on-wheels service which it said was proving hugely popular.

Mobile bar staff are pouring drinks out of refitted vans into plastic glasses using latex gloves. Beers are then left on the doorstep with no contact with customers.

Hatfield general manager Richard Keenan said: “The phones are flat-out.

“They are ringing constantly from about 12 in the day.”

The service runs from midday to 11pm six days a week and has reduced hours on Sundays.

A pint costs £4.80 and is pre-ordered to help manage demand.

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45388
Location: 1066 Country
It made me chuckle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-52412655

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 5898
Sussex wrote:


Some irony in the fact that when the 'Head of Service Delivery at Suffolk Libraries' announced this to the whole world via Twitter, she managed a spelling mistake:

Head of Service Delivery at Suffolk Libraries wrote:
You think you're having a bad week? My poor colleague has just been in to do her weekly check of the library building. The cleaner has stared deep cleaning the space (so far, so good) and has cleaned the shelves but has put 18.5 bays of books back on IN SIZE ORDER.

https://twitter.com/KrystalVittles/stat ... 4764283904


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18188
edders23 wrote:
guinness now on home delivery :lol:

Good things come to those who wait with new Guinness-on-wheels service

April 16, 2020 3:57:09 PM

An enterprising Belfast publican is pulling pints on people’s doorsteps in a novel response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Hatfield House has been shuttered during the pandemic but is operating a Guinness-on-wheels service which it said was proving hugely popular.

Mobile bar staff are pouring drinks out of refitted vans into plastic glasses using latex gloves. Beers are then left on the doorstep with no contact with customers.

Hatfield general manager Richard Keenan said: “The phones are flat-out.

“They are ringing constantly from about 12 in the day.”

The service runs from midday to 11pm six days a week and has reduced hours on Sundays.

A pint costs £4.80 and is pre-ordered to help manage demand.

Been stopped now.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
guinness now on home delivery :lol:

Good things come to those who wait with new Guinness-on-wheels service

April 16, 2020 3:57:09 PM

An enterprising Belfast publican is pulling pints on people’s doorsteps in a novel response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Hatfield House has been shuttered during the pandemic but is operating a Guinness-on-wheels service which it said was proving hugely popular.

Mobile bar staff are pouring drinks out of refitted vans into plastic glasses using latex gloves. Beers are then left on the doorstep with no contact with customers.

Hatfield general manager Richard Keenan said: “The phones are flat-out.

“They are ringing constantly from about 12 in the day.”

The service runs from midday to 11pm six days a week and has reduced hours on Sundays.

A pint costs £4.80 and is pre-ordered to help manage demand.

Been stopped now.


It was mentioned in the news yesterday that apparently clothing sales down 35 percent but booze sales up nearly 10 percent so I can see why the demand was there but to be fair it wasn't a bad idea as long the right checks and balances were in place

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
why does this keep happening

Nine bus passengers were injured when a double-decker crashed into a bridge.

The crash happened in Richard Street, Rochdale, at about 14:10 BST, according to Greater Manchester Police.

North West Ambulance Service said five people have been taken to hospital, one with "a significant leg injury". None of the injuries are life-threatening.

Richard Street and Station Road were temporarily closed as emergency services dealt with the crash.

Diamond Bus said in a statement it had "immediately launched a full internal investigation" into the smash involving its 471 Bolton to Rochdale service.

The operator added: "Everyone at Diamond Bus North West is shocked by this incident and our thoughts are with the injured passengers."

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) station manager Carl Haslam said firefighters had worked alongside the ambulance service, adding: "This could have been a lot worse."

A GMFRS spokesman said crews from Rochdale and Ashton-under-Lyne helped rescue passengers and remove the bus from under the bridge.

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45388
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
Nine bus passengers were injured when a double-decker crashed into a bridge.

Thick drivers.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Unbelievable to leave parked vehicles like that unlocked and unguarded :roll:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52555036

t must have looked like the heist of their dreams. A whole yard full of well-maintained rental vehicles, all lined up, unlocked and ready to go - with the keys inside.

So, under cover of New Zealand's exceptionally strict virus lockdown, a group of thieves went to work.

They cut through the fence of local rental company Jucy in Auckland, lifted the gate from its hinges and began driving out the cars.

New Zealand was at a virtual standstill under the coronavirus lockdown making the theft easy. In fact, so easy it was a temptation too far - and the thieves came back for a second helping. And another.

A total of 97 vehicles were spirited away.

85 recovered by police though and 29 arrests :shock:

Over several days on a long weekend, they drove the cars in batches from the site and down the deserted roads of Auckland.

"It was like a kick in the guts to be honest," Tom Ruddenklau, Jucy's chief rental officer, told the BBC. "We couldn't believe that when everyone was pitching in and looking after each other as a nation, there would be this brazen theft."

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18188
On Tuesday evening my son's mother in law crashed her car. It was her fault and she had fully comp insurance with direct line.
They came out and took her car and her home. Yesterday morning a courtesy car turned up for her, she is a key worker, and my son took some pictures of her car to send to direct line. They took one look at the pictures and said it was a wright off. This morning they came and took her damaged car away and the insurance money is in her account. Due to the difficulty in getting another car at the moment they have said that she can keep the courtesy car for as long as she needs.
So a big thumbs up for Direct Line. =D> =D> =D>

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
On Tuesday evening my son's mother in law crashed her car. It was her fault and she had fully comp insurance with direct line.
They came out and took her car and her home. Yesterday morning a courtesy car turned up for her, she is a key worker, and my son took some pictures of her car to send to direct line. They took one look at the pictures and said it was a wright off. This morning they came and took her damaged car away and the insurance money is in her account. Due to the difficulty in getting another car at the moment they have said that she can keep the courtesy car for as long as she needs.
So a big thumbs up for Direct Line. =D> =D> =D>



the other year I got hit by someone insured by direct line (their fault) and they were very efficient sorting it out and even gave me some money for the inconvenience :shock: normally you have to fight tooth and nail to get any loss of earnings

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well i suppose that's one way to deal with an empty stadium :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52702075

is a challenge for sports leagues across the world - if play can only resume in empty stadiums, how can the atmosphere be improved?

However, not many clubs will be rushing to follow the example of FC Seoul.
The top-flight South Korean side has apologised after fans accused them of using sex dolls in the stands.

FC Seoul insisted they were "premium mannequins" rather than sex dolls - but did admit they came from a supplier that produces sex toys.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And some of the dolls were holding signs advertising x-rated websites - despite pornography being banned in South Korea.

The mannequins' manufacturer told the BBC they had apologised to FC Seoul. But they also reiterated that the dolls were merely "premium mannequins".

On Sunday, FC Seoul played their first home match of the K League season.
The ground was empty - one of many measures designed to prevent a Covid-19 outbreak.
So before the match, a company called Dalcom offered to fill some of the empty seats, and the club agreed.

In total, there were 30 mannequins - 28 of them female, and two of them male.

However, fans watching online noticed that some of the mannequins looked more like sex dolls - and some were advertising x-rated websites - leading to the club apologising on Instagram and Facebook.

Dalcom said the adverts came from a sex toy company who
placed orders with Dalcom, and wanted to take pictures of the mannequins before the game.

"They were supposed to take all the logos down before the game started," Dalcom director Cho Young-june told the BBC. "But there were several hairbands and logos left to be caught by public eye."

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Non taxi news
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14048
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Empingham Puddle proving too big a lure in heatwave

280 miles for a day by the water

Police have expressed dismay after speaking to a motorist who took a 280-mile 'ride out' during lockdown.

PC Joe Lloyd from Oakham spoke to the driver, who said they were visiting Rutland from Maidstone in Kent.

Rutland police are spending time speaking with motorists, bikers and cyclists in an effort to deter non-essential travel and to help protect residents of the county from the spread of coronavirus.

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group