Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy Christmas to me.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:15 pm 

In June we bought a new bathroom, we were converting a bedroom to a bathroom. We went to Bath Store to buy the fittings. It was £2700 all together. We were going to pay cash but I noticed that they had a "buy now pay in 12 months" deal so we decided to go with that. We put down a £300 deposit and the rest was on one of those super high interest loans that kick in if you forget to pay within the 12 months. This morning I get an email from the finance people saying that my credit agreement had been cancelled. First thought was that this must be a scam email or something so I checked the order number quoted and the order number on my paperwork to see if they were the same, they were. I rank the credit people to see what was going on. The chap took my details and checked his system and came back with " I have some good news for you". My agreement had been terminated because the Bath Store never asked the credit people for the money so they never payed the money over so therefore I owe them nothing. Now the Bath Store went bust a few days after I placed the order and in fact I had to fetch the whole thing on the day they called in the administrators. So it looks like the store never processed my credit application and unless someone finds it and contacts me I have had a free bathroom.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:22 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
And you've just gone and put that info up on the internet so lets hope the administrator or creditors of bath store don't come across this :roll: #-o

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:59 pm 

Quote:
So it looks like the store never processed my credit application and unless someone finds it and contacts me I have had a free bathroom.