Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:38 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Not sure what sort of trade there will be after this already we have had two local hotels go into liquidation one of which did a lot of weddings and the other was run by another hotel which appears to still be in business but time will tell

Already several shops have announced they will not reopen and about a third of the shops are now empty shells with all stock and some fittings gone so there won't be much to draw shoppers in not that they were frequenting the town centre so much these days so I suspect that once things start to return to normal there won't be enough to support all of the trade

It will be, it has been, grim in the short term, but I think in time it will get back to some resemblance of what we had.

Hotels that go bust will be brought back, possibly by the same people. Shops have struggled with online for a few years now, and I suspect many shops will not come back, but their trade will operate out of their garage online.

It will get better, not fast, but it will get better.

WELL it cannot get any worse.

O yes it can

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:10 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
MR T wrote:
heathcote wrote:

WELL it cannot get any worse.

O yes it can

Basically our bread and butter The pensioners have got used to family and volunteers doing it for them.

It will never get back to what it was the trade needs to shrink 50 to 60 per cent and I have to say the longer it is going on the less trade there seems to be nobody has any money and those that do aren't spending it

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:28 pm 

I think trade is increasing since the height of the lock-down.

However it isn't increasing enough to cater for the drivers that are coming back to the trade.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 pm 

I know the cash work has taken a big hit but the corporate side has been virtually wiped out.

Normally our company would do 40 airport transfers a day. Looking at my booking screen I have no bookings at all over the next three days and only 1 in the next seven.

According to customers nothing will improve before October and then it won't be a fifth of what it was. Maybe next January we might be back to 30-40%.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 pm 

In respect of airport work the firm I work with does 100s a week this time of year, mainly foreign language students.

That has gone down to zero.

My fear though isn't that they wont return, or that the cash work wont return, it's that 100s of drivers will return before they do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8