Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finance help
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:50 pm 

I do hope you get it sorted.
Black Horse have been very good they have even sent me a letter with a new payment date. But its on a month to month basis
A few colleges of mine have now sorted there finance out as well. Can't understand why Mercedes can't just sort it out over the phone for you Looks like there trying to get as many repayment in before they give any help
Which helps them and not you

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:13 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
x-ray wrote:
They’ve took the payment due today, I had enough in there to pay for it anyway. Hopefully they’ll be in touch before the next one is due.

I think they need reminding that at the moment you need that money to feed yourself perhaps getting their non responsiveness featured in the local rag

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm 

x-ray wrote:
They’ve took the payment due today, I had enough in there to pay for it anyway. Hopefully they’ll be in touch before the next one is due.

When did you contact them?

If this is the people you're dealing with then it says it can take up to ten working days to respond:

Mercedes Benz Finance wrote:
Financial difficulties

If you have concerns about your financial situation, please email us at mbfscv@daimler.com with your agreement number or vehicle registration, include the reason you require financial support and what level of support you need. Please title your email Coronavirus.

We’re getting lots of requests, so it may take us up to 10 working days to respond, but we’ll come back to you as quickly as possible.

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/vans/en ... idEALw_wcB

And, amazingly, only three full working days have passed since this thread started, although if you'd said it was three weeks ago I'd have believed it :-o

And, of course, the ten days response time specified may have been written before the lockdown, which may have meant further staff reductions, difficulty in updating the website etc.

As I said, I'd wait until actually getting a response before reaching any conclusion, but it's a pity they've taken your latest payment in the meantime, but no doubt that's all automated and would have happened anyway without either you or them taking steps to actually stop it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:04 pm 

Thanks for the responses guys, it is appreciated =D>

It’s only a week since I contacted them so I’ll just have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm 

You may have seen this via TaxiPoint, which is from the LTDA's Facebook page:

MERCEDES FINANCE LATEST

https://www.facebook.com/TheLTDA/posts/1579447622203907

LTDA members email 10/04/20

Whilst drivers who had financed an LTI or LEVC vehicle through Black Horse knew quite early on that they would have a good chance of receiving a holiday payment, drivers who had purchased a Mercedes Vito using Mercedes Finance had been left in the dark.

Knowing the impact and stress this silence was causing our members and the wider trade we spent the last week chasing every contact at Mercedes that we had, and managed to get, in an effort to find someone in a senior position to give us clear guidance and assurances on behalf of those drivers worried about making payments.

We have now made that contact and have been assured that holiday payments of up to 3 months will shortly be available and Mercedes have asked that we share the following statement;

"Mercedes-Benz Financial Services will be working closely with customers facing financial difficulty – reviewing each request on a case-by-case basis and ensuring the best possible outcomes for them. For more information, please visit https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passeng ... odule.html"

The above website address to register a request for assistance Is the same one that many drivers may have already visited, but we have asked, and been assured, that by the time you read this it will have been updated to include much more advice including what drivers can do if they have an imminent payment and not enough funds to cover it.

They were extremely apologetic about the delays in responding to drivers, they have, as you might expect, been absolutely swamped with over a thousand requests for assistance every day. Extra staff have been drafted in to assist but it is still taking them between 8-10 days to get back to each driver.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm 

LTDA wrote:
The above website address to register a request for assistance Is the same one that many drivers may have already visited, but we have asked, and been assured, that by the time you read this it will have been updated to include much more advice including what drivers can do if they have an imminent payment and not enough funds to cover it.

The LTDA posted that yesterday morning, but not sure if the contact page has been updated with the promised information :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:06 pm 

Had a response from MB yesterday, three month ‘holiday’ then £30 a month extra so my term doesn’t change. Only problem is they’ve already took the payment from March which they said in the email yesterday that they wouldn’t! I’ve emailed then back asking them to start the ‘holiday’ from this months payment date, at least then I won’t be due to pay until the end of July.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:40 pm 

Quote:
They were extremely apologetic about the delays in responding to drivers, they have, as you might expect, been absolutely swamped with over a thousand requests for assistance every day. Extra staff have been drafted in to assist but it is still taking them between 8-10 days to get back to each driver.

They should be apologetic, the delay is shameful.

I understand they might have been swamped with requests, but there was nothing stopping them releasing a press release saying please be patient but we will help you out.

We are dealing with people's lives here FFS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:03 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

They should be apologetic, the delay is shameful.

I understand they might have been swamped with requests, but there was nothing stopping them releasing a press release saying please be patient but we will help you out.

We are dealing with people's lives here FFS.

Financiers and big business have no regard for peoples lives unless they are forced to by law,banks were bailed out by the taxpayer(general public) but they are not helping those that help them at their time of need.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:14 pm 

very glad neither of our cars are on HP, and only the lads insurance is by DDM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:29 am 

I was at one point regretting ordering a new cab in January which i collected 2nd march before covid 19 outbreak. But as someone pointed out i probably brought it at the right time. When things start to pick back up will finance companies be willing to lend people like me £38.000 when they have probably billons in deferred payments to collect
Probably only home owners With plenty of equity Will be accepted finance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:35 pm 

I suspect there will be plenty of vehicles from the main manufacturers that need selling, so expect a lot of in house finance deals.

Especially from Mercedes and LEVC.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 pm 

Just had the payment for March put back into my account by MB, would have preferred them to have started the ‘holiday’ from this month. Just have to make sure I don’t spend it now. :badgrin:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:35 pm 

I think it’s a good thing that they have put back the money they took this month.

Many many drivers are in sh** street and that money might help them pay some other bills that they might have defaulted on.

Or even some food for the family.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:47 pm 

LEVC and Black Horse have extended the payment holiday for the electric black cabs by a month.

UPDATE FOR BLACK HORSE TAXI FINANCE CUSTOMERS
ADDITIONAL CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT: YOUR OPTIONS AT THE END OF YOUR PAYMENT HOLIDAY

You are coming to the end of your 3 month payment holiday and your payments are due to restart.

If you can afford to restart your payments, you should do so as it is in your best interest to start making payments again as soon as you can.

If you are not able to restart your payments, we are able to offer you an additional 1 month payment holiday.

By extending your payment holiday by 1 month:

i) Your payments will be deferred by a further month
ii) You will pay an extra amount for this as you take longer to pay back the amount borrowed

At some time these holidays will cease, that's when I can see a lot being returned. :sad:

That really is a shed load of money to pay back each month with the current massive down-turn in trade. :sad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next