Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: icabbie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:32 pm 

Someone has just asked me how good is icabbie. I thought here was as good a place as any to ask. Has it changed in recent months/years?

Post subject: Re: icabbie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:27 pm 

grandad wrote:
Someone has just asked me how good is icabbie. I thought here was as good a place as any to ask. Has it changed in recent months/years?

It's fine.

Basically a system that's similar to Uber's, but IMO better.

I prefer Autocab, but the two biggest firms down here use iCabbie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:56 pm 

Having looked at the reviews I wouldn’t touch them with your money,
You’ve been warned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:18 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
mancityfan wrote:
Having looked at the reviews I wouldn’t touch them with your money,
You’ve been warned

having experienced some of the dirty tricks used to push you onto their Expensive system i would be very wary. I have elected to go back to pen and paper for now but Icabbie are way down the list if I do decide to go with another system

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:54 pm 

I think Grandad needs to go to see how that system works in situ.

As I've said a number of my mates use it and they don't have any major issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:22 pm 

Here’s a few reviews

As a business we were properly conned by the iCabbi sales pitch and have spent the last 6 months trying to claw our customers back from competitors. Lesson learnt...save yourself the headache!

I am still paying for this although I no longer work with it.

So many glitches I can't count. We run a meter, app is meant to recognise when meter is on, it doesn't. It also makes app busy randomly blocking work and pushing you down queue, visual rank. Sends work to you when you're all ready busy, it shouldn't do this as jobs just get returned repeatedly. Unfortunately if I want to work with this company I'm stuck with it.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH . AM LOOSING APPROX £150 PER WEEK.CONSTANTLY HANGS AND WILL NOT CLEAR . THIS HAS TAKEN AWAY MY LIVING AND CHARGED ME FOR THE PRIVILEGE! DON'T ENTERTAIN

Since latest update the app stop working at background when the other apps are running. Also notifications are no longer active and no way to turn them on over settings

ICabbi refuse to answer message every time we send them. iPhone app updated one in four years and the problem was not even fixed.

Alerts dont come through when app is running in background. You then get a time penalty before you can log in. The app keeps adjusting the brightness of the screen either dimming or increasing brightness to max. P.O.B doesn’t work when you leave the location, even with passengers in the car. Completing job is then again sometimes a problem. Because it wants to go to the exact point the operator put in even when its wrong. Too many issues to write all down. Just a waste of time mainly and really hard to work with.

Post subject: Re: iCabbi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:56 am 

Looking at various reviews it seems to depend on how many are in your fleet. Large fleets (not sure exactly what constitutes a large fleet) will get iCabbi in Ireland and the smaller fleets tend to get stuck with iCabbi UK who I believe are actually Excel (Mercury) who are resellers and from what I've read seem to sign up people at a premium and lock them into a contract. Luckliy we were one of the last small fleets to get iCabbi Ireland
We've had iCabbi for nearly 5 years and have more than doubled our fleet size. It's important that those setting up the system get it right as it's not an "out of the box" solution. We pushed back our go live date a couple of times as we kept tinkering with it until we were happy with it and our go live day was a complete non event and went without a hitch.
Are there frustrations with it, undoubtedly, some get fixed straight away, some you have to wait on but overall it works well.
Having re-read the review above I cannot imagine that is iCabbi Ireland. They always answer support tickets and if there are ever times that you feel you need to put a bit of pressure on them, you just contact your customer service manager. I'm always Whatsapping our CX manager and even get replies late in the evening and at weekends.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:39 pm 

It would be interesting to see the dates of those reviews.

As was mentioned above the set up of any system is very important, and the firm has to balance what's good for drivers and what's good for the office/accounts side of the firm.

When we set up Autocab the office did nothing but tinker with the system day in, day out, for f***ing months, and it drove drivers mental. :sad: