Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: School runs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:37 pm 

Quote:
The operator will trouser the money because, in essence, you haven't done the work.

I fear in some instances that may well be the case. :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:43 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
The operator will trouser the money because, in essence, you haven't done the work.

I fear in some instances that may well be the case. :sad:

Given todays communication structure and social media it should be clear to owner drivers thier bases ARE getting paid, if they dont get paid themselves they should contact the relevant authority

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 pm 

grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
BladeS1 wrote:
Still no word from Sheffield City Council the operator we work for us saying they are not going to pay.

One of the conditions of the payment will be that the person doing the work gets paid for the work. They can come and inspect your accounts and they will be checking.

I bet that happens :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:46 pm 

Quote:
if they dont get paid themselves they should contact the relevant authority

I would hope the authorities insist on evidence, via the 'open book' process, and any operator taking the pi** should lose their ops licenses and face a possible term of custody.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:36 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
if they dont get paid themselves they should contact the relevant authority

I would hope the authorities insist on evidence, via the 'open book' process, and any operator taking the pi** should lose their ops licenses and face a possible term of custody.

We have a couple of Hackney drivers here who had taken on school contracts that they could not do and have been sub-contracting them to other Hackney drivers who are not on the school transport list. This is completely against the County rules. If the County decide to pay out for school transport it will be interesting if these sub-contractors get any money and if the open book policy finds out the wrongdoers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:28 pm 

I have repeatedly been told by Sheffield City Council transport team that they do not know anything about a cabinet notice despite me telling them where they can read it and then they told be to speak to our taxi operator to bring up with council which we have done but the owner has told each cabbie we are not going to get paid. Very frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:41 am 

BladeS1 wrote:
I have repeatedly been told by Sheffield City Council transport team that they do not know anything about a cabinet notice despite me telling them where they can read it and then they told be to speak to our taxi operator to bring up with council which we have done but the owner has told each cabbie we are not going to get paid. Very frustrating.

Get your MP on to it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:39 am 

MR T wrote:
BladeS1 wrote:

Get your MP on to it

I wrote to all 4 County Councillors for my district and our MP on Friday. I don't know if I will get a reply.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 am 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
BladeS1 wrote:

Get your MP on to it

I wrote to all 4 County Councillors for my district and our MP on Friday. I don't know if I will get a reply.

Then get more people to write

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:11 am 

any word on Hampshire paying/not paying?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 am 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
BladeS1 wrote:

Get your MP on to it

ring them

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:25 pm 

remind them that paying all school runs in full could mean fewer UC/TC and 80% grant claims, fewer bankruptcies and fewer bases and owner drivers packing in, meaning the "fleet" of contractors/cars are on standby ready to roll out again from day 1 after the crisis, councils would have to instantly find 1000's cars to restart the service and some of those still about might hold a grudge and not bother to tender...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:51 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
remind them that paying all school runs in full could mean fewer UC/TC and 80% grant claims, fewer bankruptcies and fewer bases and owner drivers packing in, meaning the "fleet" of contractors/cars are on standby ready to roll out again from day 1 after the crisis, councils would have to instantly find 1000's cars to restart the service and some of those still about might hold a grudge and not bother to tender...

Dunno....regular cash on account every month is a whole lot more appealing to our business psyche than the bearing of a petty grudge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:58 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Dunno....regular cash on account every month is a whole lot more appealing to our business psyche than the bearing of a petty grudge.

so you would work again for any "body" that shafts you now?

would apply to bad debts too?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 pm 

Leicestershire have agreed to pay 100% for March but no decision going forward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next