Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 5:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Business Rates
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:06 pm 

Has anyone applied for the £10000 grant yet.

Post subject: Re: Business Rates
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:08 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
No I think I should have enough in the bank to cover lock down so will not apply as others will need it more

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:12 pm 

edders23 wrote:
No I think I should have enough in the bank to cover lock down so will not apply as others will need it more

So you have not lost any Money as yet :?:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 pm 

The business rates grant is for businesses that pay business rates on their premises direct to the local authority. Businesses that qualify will have already been sent a letter telling them what to do. Basically if you qualify you just confirm your rates number and a couple of other bits and give your bank account number. The payment is automatic when they have your bank details.
Unfortunately for us, our office is in a business park and we pay our business rates in with our rent and the business park owner pays the rates to the Council. This means that we do not qualify for the grant at the moment and because the rateable value of the business park us more than £51,000 the park are not eligible either. so far our council has paid out over £4,000,000 in the grants but there are still over 400 qualifying businesses in the borough that have not sent their bank details in yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:39 pm 

Quote:
will have already been sent a letter telling them what to do
Not in Sefton
The system to process applications for the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund was put into put into place as a matter of urgency.
To date we have received over 3000 applications for grants, with the total running of grants being processed being over £16 million, with over £4 million being paid today.
Applications can still be made and the link to do this directly online is http://forms.sefton.go.uk/Covid19businessform/
We will be seeking to clarify information on a number of online forms submitted. Staff may call you with questions but they will not ask you to provide any financial or personal information over the telephone. They will only advise you of the clarification needed and how to provide it. Only provide information either via the Councils website or to a secure Sefton Council e-mail address.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:21 am 

I haven't received a letter nor can I find anything on the council website although that might be it's in a different place

have paid the business rates anyway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:54 am 

edders23 wrote:
I haven't received a letter nor can I find anything on the council website although that might be it's in a different place

have paid the business rates anyway

What is the rateable value of the premises that you use? How much was your rates bill?
I assume that you are in South Kesteven.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... xJSUo2Ny4u

That is the page that I found regarding the grant. At the top of the Council homepage there is a big yellow box that has a "click here" button. if you click that button it opens a page with "useful links" one of them is business grant funding. At the bottom of that page is a "next" button. Click that and it opens the form.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 am 

Don't forget that this is a grant for every business that qualifies. If you don't want it, it doesn't go to someone else. If you qualify for it your Council will already have the money waiting for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:04 am 

grandad wrote:
Don't forget that this is a grant for every business that qualifies. If you don't want it, it doesn't go to someone else. If you qualify for it your Council will already have the money waiting for you.

Just in case I am not here when you be come Mayor , I think you will be a good one =D>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:32 pm 

I don't trade as a limited company and am therefore not registered with companies house so wouldn't be eligible only for the self employed scheme if that ever gets up and running

PS Pete I went straight into the business rates section which is why i didn't see that link and was looking around in there

Incidentally if you haven't already looked there is a link to click on on the gov.uk tax website but it just tells you that you can't apply until mid may and after that your application has to be vetted and a decision made so can't see anything being available from that scheme till maybe September or October as there will be 5 million applications to trawl through which will probably take 6 months plus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:56 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I don't trade as a limited company and am therefore not registered with companies house so wouldn't be eligible only for the self employed scheme if that ever gets up and running

PS Pete I went straight into the business rates section which is why i didn't see that link and was looking around in there

Incidentally if you haven't already looked there is a link to click on on the gov.uk tax website but it just tells you that you can't apply until mid may and after that your application has to be vetted and a decision made so can't see anything being available from that scheme till maybe September or October as there will be 5 million applications to trawl through which will probably take 6 months plus

You don't have to be a limited company. You just need to have a business rates bill for the premises that you work from. Many of the grants issued by our Council have gone to sole traders and partnerships.
Just fill in your company name even though you are not registered at company's house.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:22 pm 

I think you'll find that you do need to be registered with companies house to qualify for this but not necessarily a limited company otherwise you can't fill in the bit where it asks for the company number. I could be wrong but you know what online forms are like, don't fill one of the boxes and it just keeps bouncing you back.

Bill :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:01 pm 

COVID-19 Business Grant Form
What is the nature of your business?

Are you an individual or a Company?

Title of applicant

First name of applicant

Middle name or middle initial of applicant

Surname of applicant

Business Rates Account Number

Business UPRN – can be found on your rates demand and starts with N

If VAT registered VAT registration Number

Business Address Line 1

Business Address Line 2

Business Town / City

Business County

Business Postcode

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:34 pm 

no the SKDC one asks for your companies house registration details and it is NOT an optional box

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 pm 

edders23 wrote:
no the SKDC one asks for your companies house registration details and it is NOT an optional box
Where it asks for your company name that is registered at company's house just put your trading name in. The box that asks for your company registration number says if applicable or something like it.