Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:53 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
Interestingly, there are a couple of kids back at school who were on our contracts but one of the parents told my wife that County hall are paying them to transport the students rather than re start those contracts.

so parents have robbed your routes?

are LCC paying you covid pay?

We are getting 25%

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:55 am 

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
Interestingly, there are a couple of kids back at school who were on our contracts but one of the parents told my wife that County hall are paying them to transport the students rather than re start those contracts.

so parents have robbed your routes?

are LCC paying you covid pay?

We are getting 25%

so they are paying you 25% plus paying parents to take the kids...

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:46 pm 

Quote:
one of the parents told my wife that County hall are paying them to transport the students rather than re start those contracts.

I hope they are only paying mileage rates not exceeding 45p a mile for the first 10,000 miles. 25p after that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:55 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
one of the parents told my wife that County hall are paying them to transport the students rather than re start those contracts.

I hope they are only paying mileage rates not exceeding 45p a mile for the first 10,000 miles. 25p after that.

It is less than 2 miles to the school.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:37 pm 

Quote:

Then they shouldn't get more than £1.80 round trip.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 pm 

interesting...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:54 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

Then they shouldn't get more than £1.80 round trip.

The parents are getting £4.00 per day for taking the kids to school so that is 50p per mile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:12 pm 

grandad wrote:
The parents are getting £4.00 per day for taking the kids to school so that is 50p per mile.

Illegal.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:16 am 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

Illegal.

Maybe so, but who is going to take them to court?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:24 pm 

grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

Illegal.

Maybe so, but who is going to take them to court?

No one, but a complaint to the council and maybe onto the Local Gov Ombudsman would cause them more grief than I suspect they want.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:17 pm 

I think ours schools are going back on august the 11th instead of the original date of the 18th of august and that all current contracts whether they end at the end of June or have another couple of years to run will be paid at full rate until the Middle of October whether they can be run or not due to social distancing guidance, and to make it easier we will be paid twice monthly on the mean monthly average for that period.

I'm guessing that they hope things will have normalised by the end of the first term in October....they have thrown away next years planned academic year calendar and have had to re plan the school year from scratch with all the transport issues that goes with it....I feel sorry fot the transport team as they are as much if not more in the dark than we contractors are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:38 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
I think ours schools are going back on august the 11th instead of the original date of the 18th of august

and that all current contracts whether they end at the end of June or have another couple of years to run will be paid at full rate until the Middle of October whether they can be run or not due to social distancing guidance, and to make it easier we will be paid twice monthly on the mean monthly average for that period.

I'm guessing that they hope things will have normalised by the end of the first term in October....they have thrown away next years planned academic year calendar and have had to re plan the school year from scratch with all the transport issues that goes with it....I feel sorry fot the transport team as they are as much if not more in the dark than we contractors are.

School ends July 17th here

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:26 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
I think ours schools are going back on august the 11th instead of the original date of the 18th of august

and that all current contracts whether they end at the end of June or have another couple of years to run will be paid at full rate until the Middle of October whether they can be run or not due to social distancing guidance, and to make it easier we will be paid twice monthly on the mean monthly average for that period.

School ends July 17th here

Ours end at 30th June...historically that was to allow children to assist their parents tend their crops in the shorter scottish summers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:57 am 

bloodnock wrote:
Ours end at 31st June......historically that was to allow children to assist their parents tend their crops in the shorter scottish summers.

We can't do that in England because our Calendar is different, we only get issued with 30 days in our June.

:roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:18 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
Ours end at 31st June......historically that was to allow children to assist their parents tend their crops in the shorter scottish summers.

We can't do that in England because our Calendar is different, we only get issued with 30 days in our June.

:roll:

Yer Right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next