Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:33 pm 

I don't know if all English Councils will be doing this but ours is.
We have just had a round of discretionary grants for businesses that work from businesss parks and markets who pay their business rates to their landlord which has now closed. however I have been told today that there will be another round of discretionary grants that people can apply for but this time businesses that operate from their own home and do not pay business rates at all can apply. If you have already had a grant from any other scheme (not including the self employed scheme) you wont be able to apply for this but as many owner drivers work from home it is worth keeping an eye out for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:03 pm 

grandad wrote:
I don't know if all English Councils will be doing this but ours is.
We have just had a round of discretionary grants for businesses that work from businesss parks and markets who pay their business rates to their landlord which has now closed. however I have been told today that there will be another round of discretionary grants that people can apply for but this time businesses that operate from their own home and do not pay business rates at all can apply. If you have already had a grant from any other scheme (not including the self employed scheme) you wont be able to apply for this but as many owner drivers work from home it is worth keeping an eye out for.

Fire that up here to Holyrood and see if Nicola Stungun will note.