Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 14395
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
This is a brain storming exercise but it has occurred to me if enough get involved maybe we can come up with some good ideas

If people have never done a brain storming exercise before then the way it works is you put everything down no matter how wacky or idiotic because even stupid ideas can trigger someone to come up with a good one

Afterwards it's a case of picking out the best ideas and developing them and who knows maybe we can come up with a few ideas that save our trade

my first ideas are

1) a national taxi month in which individuals and companies up and down the country offer big discounts off metered rates for a month to tempt people to use taxis again

2) a large publicity stunt perhaps in conjunction with charitable fund raising

3) petitioning the government to offer incentives to get people to give up the trade


lets see if we can come up with a few dozen and then whittle them down to shortlist of 5

ps title is just to get people to read thread not intended as an insult :wink:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18299
We have signed up to the taxi and private hire charter. We have also had 20,500 A5 leaflets printed and the post office will be delivering them from 27th July. We are getting more and more posts on facebook advertising the charter and the safety measures that we have put in place. We use google adwords and a few other local advertising things. We have a very distinctive livery on our vehicles and we use a very memorable tag line in all our advertising and a memorable phone number.
When we first started out in taxis I used to put a small advert in the local paper. Just a small square advert. it was a yellow box with the company name and telephone number on, that is all it had but I would have it on several different pages every week. It was amazing how many calls we used to get saying how many times they had seen the advert. It didn't cost much but people were quick to remember the name and number.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4181
Location: Lincoln
Here’s an idea.

Let’s remind punters that travelling in a purpose built TAXI, with a factory fitted partition is a hundred times safer than getting in a saloon car and sitting within inches of the driver?

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8508
jimbo wrote:
Here’s an idea.

Let’s remind punters that travelling in a purpose built TAXI, with a factory fitted partition is a hundred times safer than getting in a saloon car and sitting within inches of the driver?


Can you please provide the proof of evidence to back up your hundred times safer claim.

As I've said before, same car,same air.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4181
Location: Lincoln
bloodnock wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Here’s an idea.

Let’s remind punters that travelling in a purpose built TAXI, with a factory fitted partition is a hundred times safer than getting in a saloon car and sitting within inches of the driver?


Can you please provide the proof of evidence to back up your hundred times safer claim.

As I've said before, same car,same air.


The only evidence needed is the sheer number of drivers attempting to replicate the purpose built partition with cling film and other materials.

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22480
Location: A City near Birmingham
jimbo wrote:

The only evidence needed is the sheer number of drivers attempting to replicate the purpose built partition with cling film and other materials.


as theres no evidence the "london cab" screens save lives your argument is flawed

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4181
Location: Lincoln
wannabeeahack wrote:
jimbo wrote:

The only evidence needed is the sheer number of drivers attempting to replicate the purpose built partition with cling film and other materials.


as theres no evidence the "london cab" screens save lives your argument is flawed


So why are ph drivers everywhere fitting a partition, huh?

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22480
Location: A City near Birmingham
jimbo wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
jimbo wrote:

The only evidence needed is the sheer number of drivers attempting to replicate the purpose built partition with cling film and other materials.


as theres no evidence the "london cab" screens save lives your argument is flawed


So why are ph drivers everywhere fitting a partition, huh?


personal choice, i had one that was better sealed than any london cab screen

the london cab screens were/are for protection from attack, not to stop airborne bacteria

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45902
Location: 1066 Country
We just need to persevere.

People will come back to us when they need us, problem is that not enough people are going out and families are taking a bit more care looking after the old dears.

In time that will change, so in the meantime we just need to keep our cars clean and safe.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4181
Location: Lincoln
edders23 wrote:
This is a brain storming exercise but it has occurred to me if enough get involved maybe we can come up with some good ideas

If people have never done a brain storming exercise before then the way it works is you put everything down no matter how wacky or idiotic because even stupid ideas can trigger someone to come up with a good one

Afterwards it's a case of picking out the best ideas and developing them and who knows maybe we can come up with a few ideas that save our trade

my first ideas are

1) a national taxi month in which individuals and companies up and down the country offer big discounts off metered rates for a month to tempt people to use taxis again

2) a large publicity stunt perhaps in conjunction with charitable fund raising

3) petitioning the government to offer incentives to get people to give up the trade


lets see if we can come up with a few dozen and then whittle them down to shortlist of 5

ps title is just to get people to read thread not intended as an insult :wink:



A catchy little phrase could be useful.

Better together worked. As did take back control.

I was thinking “Black cabs matter” :shock:

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 82 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group