Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: todays news...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:55 pm 

URGENT: Covid Secure / Self Isolation Guidelines

Dear Operator,

Regrettably, we are currently dealing with a serious breach of covid secure guidelines on a school transport route that has put vulnerable pupils at risk, after a driver continued to work whilst suffering covid symptoms.

It is vital that you and your staff are absolutely clear on what is required in the event of suffering covid symptoms and understanding when self isolation is necessary.

The basic message is that any member of staff with one or more of the following symptoms MUST immediately self-isolate, book a test, and must not work under any circumstances:

A high temperature
A new or continuous cough
A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Any person MUST also self isolate immediately if:

They have tested positive for coronavirus
They live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive.
They are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS Covid19 App
They arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk
We urge all operators to ensure that all staff are aware of their obligations to stop work and self-isolate in the above circumstances. It is expected that operators take all reasonable measures to regularly remind staff of these obligations. We are aware that operators may employ staff for whom English is a second language; in circumstances where it would help understanding the guidance more fully, we would advise referring to the multi-lingual guides linked to below as appropriate.

In any circumstance where a member of staff is found to have worked whilst symptomatic there will be a full multi-agency investigation. If an operator has failed to take all necessary steps to protect passengers, staff and the public further action could result in terms of:

County Council contract compliance
Licensing authority enforcement
Public health enforcement
As part of any compliance action we may take, we reserve the right to revoke the ID badge of any staff member who has worked on contract transport whilst knowingly symptomatic. In this event, they would be unable to work for any operator on County Council contracts.

Please be aware that government guidance does change as the pandemic evolves. We strongly advise regularly checking back on the links provided below for updates, especially the Safer Transport Guidance for Operators.

We do acknowledge that the majority of operators are working extremely hard to maintain covid security and these efforts are greatly appreciated. It is unfortunate that this reminder has been necessary to issue and we sincerely hope that those operators who identify a need for improvement take the necessary measures without delay.

Post subject: Re: todays news...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:38 pm 

I get where the council are coming from.

But, and I'm not condoning it, folks need to eat. :-k

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:08 pm 

Sussex wrote:
I get where the council are coming from.

But, and I'm not condoning it, folks need to eat. :-k

If i test positive i assume all the kids+families+drivers in contact with me must isolate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:38 am 

Quote:
We would urge all operators to review their contingency arrangements for covering routes in the event of staff not being available (e.g. due to self isolation or illness). It is your responsibility to take all reasonable measures to have a contingency plan such as spare drivers/PAs to call upon or an agreement with another Framework or DPS operator with whom you can sub-contract in an emergency.

For clarity, in the event that the Council has to step in to make alternative arrangements to cover a route, you will not be paid for the days covered and may be liable for any additional costs that we incur in providing cover. In instances where we reasonably believe there were inadequacies in contingency planning we may consider compliance action.

In other words, die and we fine you