PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:34 pm 

gedmay wrote:
SM
Are you sure it was not a Donkey? :lol:
Ged

No, that was the driver. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:36 pm 

red wrote:
I have a bernard mansell olkswagen cab,which im really pleased with but for one little thing! My local councill will only license me to carry 7 passengers! ( i have 8 seats with seat belts and insured to carry 8)
They say 1 can only sit in front with me. Something about i might touch the passengers leg when changing gear( what a lot of crap).
I could get quite a few good jobs for 8 seaters.
any one got any advice on what to do?

sometimes it depends on how big the seats are. down here each passenger seat must be at least 16 inches wide. you could have 8 seats but one of them is less than 16 inches they'll only license it for 7.

i often say 'sorry love i was just changing gear' :wink:

RED about switching off the meter and taking 8, then i guess you dont care if your license is taken off you. meter on or not your only insured for what you are licensed by your council. is you job really worth pleasing some punter who wants to try and squeeze in one more? same probably goes anywhere in the UK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:50 am 
This forum is pure class its better than the chatrooms i just love it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:47 pm 

I Love It, too. But what's that got to do with the Forum?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:55 pm 

steveo wrote:
red wrote:
I have a bernard mansell olkswagen cab,which im really pleased with but for one little thing! My local councill will only license me to carry 7 passengers! ( i have 8 seats with seat belts and insured to carry 8)
They say 1 can only sit in front with me. Something about i might touch the passengers leg when changing gear( what a lot of crap).
I could get quite a few good jobs for 8 seaters.
any one got any advice on what to do?

sometimes it depends on how big the seats are. down here each passenger seat must be at least 16 inches wide. you could have 8 seats but one of them is less than 16 inches they'll only license it for 7.

i often say 'sorry love i was just changing gear' :wink:

RED about switching off the meter and taking 8, then i guess you dont care if your license is taken off you. meter on or not your only insured for what you are licensed by your council. is you job really worth pleasing some punter who wants to try and squeeze in one more? same probably goes anywhere in the UK.

Agree fully mate - there is definately a specified seat size per person.

Also does the middle seat have a seatbelt that is consistent with the others in the vehicle? That might be your downfall.

Red - you'll eventually get caught out carrying 8 passengers - either by the police, enforcement officers or a customer in the know - who will complain. Plus your insurance will be invalidated.

Same goes with the meter - only takes a customer to complain they've been overcharged to the council and when they say the meter wasn't on you can kiss your licence goodbye. Enforcement officers only have to measure the distance and relate it to the tariff - its not hard.