Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help......but no help
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:10 pm 

Who can claim an ARG business support grant?
You may be able to claim an Additional Restrictions Grant from us if you are a Lichfield District micro or small business, who meet the following criteria:

Be one of the following business types:

Businesses involved in the direct supply chain for businesses/sectors which have had to close due to local or national restrictions, able to show trade with closed businesses is a significant proportion of their income.
Businesses trading from a commercial premises which is a local franchise and the parent company has previously received a coronavirus grant.
Businesses involved in the events, arts or entertainment sectors.
Businesses involved in the rural/agriculture sector.
Home based businesses that are the only source of employment and business income.
The following criteria must also be met to be eligible for a grant:

Businesses must have been trading the day before the national restrictions came into force on 4 November 2020.
Companies must not be in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been given.
Companies must have seen a loss of income of more than 30%, compared to the same period last year.
Businesses that haven’t received support from the Local Restrictions Support Grant.
How much you can receive
Eligible businesses will be entitled to receive a one off grant of £7,500 per business and not per property.

To complete this form, you will need to:

Supply bank statements from 1st September 2020 to 30th November 2020, compared with 1st September 2019 to 30th November 2019, showing an impact on your income.
Evidence (qualitatively) how the local and national restrictions & the pandemic have impacted upon their income and business operation.

Outline what other government support they have received (e.g. Small Business Grant, Extended Retail Grant, Self-Employment Income Support Scheme, Bounce Back Loan, Local Restrictions Support Grant etc.)
Home based businesses to highlight if they receive any benefits (such as universal credit).

Supply at least one of the following references: business rates account number, company registration number or VAT registration number.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:08 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
Supply at least one of the following references: business rates account number, company registration number or VAT registration number.

In other words not a self employed small trader :roll:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:23 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:

In other words not a self employed small trader :roll:

just about sums it up

I replied

Quote:
Good day
Having read the document supplied could I raise a few points please?

I specifically asked about help for the taxi trade, where 99% of licensed drivers are sole traders, not ltd companies (so no company registration number) and not vat registered (as not many will turnover in excess of the mandatory vat registration limit of £85,000 (£1634 per week average)), for a sole trader taxi driver that is probably double or treble what they take.

Most work from home so do not incur business rates in fact hackney plated drivers place of work should the rank in town.

Since April 2020 the trade has seen a 75% reduction in business overall, taxi bases have closed, rental taxis have been handed back to the base.

I have read the document and calculate - of 150 badged taxi drivers - only 3 could qualify for any grant

On the other hand, many councils have granted drivers between £200 and £500 with fewer restrictions, Northern Ireland has been generous handing drivers £1500.

Would anyone review this policy looking at from the viewpoint of a sole trader with 1 car working from home?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:06 pm 

fast reply

Quote:
Good morning Steve,

Thank you for flagging up the below information, the amendment has been made on the form for sole traders to include their unique tax identifier/number.

You don’t have to incur business rates to be eligible, as home based businesses are allowed to apply and we appreciate a lot of sectors/business activities which have been ineligible for previous financial support aren’t ratepayers or have a commercial premises.

I shall notify my licensing team to get in touch in answer to your question on fees/extended plates.

Cheers.