Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:01 pm 

Ever feel like you’ve been cheated? Asked Johnny Rotten at the sex pistols last ever gig.

You’ve got to be trusted, by the people you lie to, so that when they turn their back on you, you’ll get the chance to put the knife in, sang Pink Floyd.

Boris told us we will be guided by data not dates. But Data shows that there has been a 75% reduction in emergency covid hospitalisation due to vaccination.

Boris says that the reduction in hospitalisation and deaths and in infections has NOT been achieved by the vaccination programme.

Tim Spector king’s college London said he was quite surprised by the prime ministers comments, accusing him of living in a slightly different world.

End lockdown now, I say. Lincoln below 10 per 100,000. By the way. Soon, under date protection laws, public health will be unable to publish infection rates here, because they are so low, individuals are identifiable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:58 pm 

The dates given by Boris were the EARLIEST dates for restriction to be lifted if supported by the data. The data suggests that we are on track to meet the EARLIEST date. The data at the moment is BEFORE the latest measures have had time to impact the data. This was always going to be the case. The data will be reviewed 1 week before the next easing is due. Why rush things now and risk going backwards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:22 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Deaths from Covid in Lincolnshire are UP on last week and people are still getting admitted to hospital with it to just lift restrictions and expect not to have a European style third wave is foolhardy

I know trade isn't brilliant but caution is warranted I for one don't ever want to be in lockdown again

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:52 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Deaths from Covid in Lincolnshire are UP on last week and people are still getting admitted to hospital with it to just lift restrictions and expect not to have a European style third wave is foolhardy

I know trade isn't brilliant but caution is warranted I for one don't ever want to be in lockdown again

No deaths in greater Lincolnshire on Wednesday 14th. How is that up?

If not now, then when? On the arbitrary dates set weeks ago?

Anyway, my question was, as should be obvious, is Boris right when he claims the falling number of covid cases is not vaccine rollout connected?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:38 pm 

In reply to the question asked "Is Boris a fool or a liar"

The answer to both is a resounding YES

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm 

edders23 wrote:

If you don’t want to be in lockdown again, I would suggest you stop picking up passengers from Heathrow who have just flown in from Iran.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:11 pm 

Quote:
End lockdown now, I say. Lincoln below 10 per 100,000. By the way. Soon, under date protection laws, public health will be unable to publish infection rates here, because they are so low, individuals are identifiable.

So do we open up the airports to the world's covid folks?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:49 pm 

jimbo wrote:

Lincoln
Seven days to 10 April 2021
Total cases
The rate has decreased relative to the previous week.-13 (-54.2%)
Rolling rate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:33 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

If you don’t want to be in lockdown again, I would suggest you stop picking up passengers from Heathrow who have just flown in from Iran.

Firstly if I hadn't gone somebody else who perhaps is less rigorous with disinfection and sanitiser use would have and secondly I need to earn some money to stay afloat

It was my first time at Heathrow in 10 months and compared to last time I was shocked at how busy it was and how little Heathrow were doing to control the situation and maintain safety

Lifting lockdown completely would simply restart the pandemic in the UK and we would end up back at the levels Italy find themselves with

Remember for several months we were the WORST country in the world for cases and deaths on a pro rata basis and indeed if you look at the stats by world region Europe has by a long way had it worst and we are still one of the highest in Europe for deaths but pro rata are being overtaken by Italy, Czecia, Romania, Poland and Hungary

If we lift lock down we will also get large numbers of people wanting to go to covid hotspots on their holidays and bringing it back with them possibly with a new and even deadlier variant

In fact I suspect your real reason for all this anti lockdown rhetoric is perhaps you have plans for a holiday trip yourself ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:16 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Firstly if I hadn't gone somebody else who perhaps is less rigorous with disinfection and sanitiser use would have and secondly I need to earn some money to stay afloat

It was my first time at Heathrow in 10 months and compared to last time I was shocked at how busy it was and how little Heathrow were doing to control the situation and maintain safety

Lifting lockdown completely would simply restart the pandemic in the UK and we would end up back at the levels Italy find themselves with

Remember for several months we were the WORST country in the world for cases and deaths on a pro rata basis and indeed if you look at the stats by world region Europe has by a long way had it worst and we are still one of the highest in Europe for deaths but pro rata are being overtaken by Italy, Czecia, Romania, Poland and Hungary

If we lift lock down we will also get large numbers of people wanting to go to covid hotspots on their holidays and bringing it back with them possibly with a new and even deadlier variant

In fact I suspect your real reason for all this anti lockdown rhetoric is perhaps you have plans for a holiday trip yourself ?

Damn, you got me edders! Yup one week near Thetford forest in July. Busted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:36 pm 

So it’s forever in lockdown is it?

Does anyone truly believe we will have NO restrictions from the 23rd June?

Fair play to Boris, he didn’t say which 23rd June.

A year ago, the reasoning for lockdown was to protect the NHS.

A year later, more than 4.5 million need the NHS.

We have got to learn to live with covid, like we live with influenza. And deaths on the road, and terrorism, and extreme weather, and all the other things that are sent to test us. Meanwhile, people needing heart surgery are told they are non urgent, cancer patients are not receiving due care, and suicide rates are soaring. And lockdown continues.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am 

jimbo wrote:

We have got to learn to live with covid, like we live with influenza. And deaths on the road, and terrorism, and extreme weather, and all the other things that are sent to test us. Meanwhile, people needing heart surgery are told they are non urgent, cancer patients are not receiving due care, and suicide rates are soaring. And lockdown continues.
On this I will agree except that i think it is still important to do easing very slowly. I can see that even after 23rd June that the advice will still be to wear a face covering whilst inside shops etc. and also to keep sanitizing your hands.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:34 am 

I don't think he's a fool nor a liar, he's simply cut from the same piece of Cloth as every other politician....He's a Word Twister.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:21 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
I don't think he's a fool nor a liar, he's simply cut from the same piece of Cloth as every other politician....He's a Word Twister.

He told blatant lies when riding around in the red bus.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:42 pm 

heathcote wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

He told blatant lies when riding around in the red bus.

Both sides in the argument told lies in their Brexit campaigns, But that RED BUS was not the decider.