Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:27 pm 

Since covid hit has anyones area values dropped or has anyone sold bought or handed back licences in limit areas

here in mk we got many wav cabs on sale at cab value few handed back to the council when cab age expired and saloon cabs for sale at cab value and around 5000 on top which originally pre covid was around cab + 2000-3000+ for wav and around 25000 for saloon,

whats happening around the country is it the same have values dropped and has any sold?

whats the future for the Hackney trade?

a friend has informed me off prices in oxford are still sky high but its hard to believe in these current circumstances as nobody knows how long will this last

and also with now the uber court case as drivers to be employed and given min wage and all benefits will all other operators have to follow suit? will this be a benefit for individual hackney drivers or will it not?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:38 pm 

Quote:
Since covid hit has anyones area values dropped or has anyone sold bought or handed back licences in limit areas

I doubt there is a restricted plate in the world that hasn't lost value. There is an article in the news section about Australia where some of the plates have lost 90% of their value, 100s of 1000s of dollars in some cases.

Can't see why plates would be handed back, but many plates are currently stuck to taxis sitting off the road not working.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:40 pm 

Quote:
whats the future for the Hackney trade?

I think the future is so so for hackneys not on a circuit, but pretty good for those on a circuit or working with a app firm.

But the next six months aren't going to be great, maybe better after that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:42 pm 

Quote:
a friend has informed me off prices in oxford are still sky high but its hard to believe in these current circumstances as nobody knows how long will this last

Thing is in areas like Oxford the owners have paid fortunes for their plates so I doubt many are selling a very low prices, thus the prices may well be quite high.

Although I think the electric cab policy is going to cause owners a few headaches.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:45 pm 

Quote:
and also with now the uber court case as drivers to be employed and given min wage and all benefits will all other operators have to follow suit? will this be a benefit for individual hackney drivers or will it not?

If you are not on a circuit it will have no effect on you.

As for the effect it will have on operators, well time will tell but I think the long term effect will be quite significant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:39 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

Thing is in areas like Oxford the owners have paid fortunes for their plates so I doubt many are selling a very low prices, thus the prices may well be quite high.

Although I think the electric cab policy is going to cause owners a few headaches.

euro6 is bad enough here........in 12 months

yet we are not a CAZ