Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:34 pm 

Hi all,

I have sold my Black cab and am working private hire. Does anyone know if you can get a refund on the annual station permit? I paid £618 back in October to EMR. I emailed the station manager last week requesting a refund for remaining months or a partial refund excluding any admin fees and haven’t heard back as yet. The new driver of the black cab will need to purchase his own station permit as they are assigned to cab and driver. Think he’s already done it.

I have never seen a contact for the station permit. I did email the station manager back in Oct 20 requesting if we could pay monthly or until work picks back up again as per their data trade at the station was down 97%.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:28 pm 

BladeS1 wrote:
Hi all,

I have sold my Black cab and am working private hire. Does anyone know if you can get a refund on the annual station permit? I paid £618 back in October to EMR. I emailed the station manager last week requesting a refund for remaining months or a partial refund excluding any admin fees and haven’t heard back as yet. The new driver of the black cab will need to purchase his own station permit as they are assigned to cab and driver. Think he’s already done it.

I have never seen a contact for the station permit. I did email the station manager back in Oct 20 requesting if we could pay monthly or until work picks back up again as per their data trade at the station was down 97%.

Thanks

I suspect there is a one payment no refund clause in their terms and conditions, so the chances of you getting a penny back are slim.

How did you pay for it in the first place? Was there an invoice?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:43 pm 

Sussex wrote:
BladeS1 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

I suspect there is a one payment no refund clause in their terms and conditions, so the chances of you getting a penny back are slim.

How did you pay for it in the first place? Was there an invoice?

Refunds have been made to drivers leaving the trade in Lincoln, an EMR station.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:44 pm 

Many thanks both.

I’m hopeful they will give a refund under the circumstances. I have never seen a contract. We would pay the renewal and be given a badge to put on the windscreen that’s all. It’s good to know that they have given refunds at Lincoln EMR.

Thank you. The