Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: new fares in Melton
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 am 

The new table of fares has come in to force in Melton. The new 2 mile daytime fare will be £6.34 up from £5.30. This will move Melton up from position 304 to 109 in the PHTM league table.

Post subject: Re: new fares in Melton
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:12 pm 

my start is £10

aint worked for weeks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:20 pm 

Quote:
The new 2 mile daytime fare will be £6.34 up from £5.30. This will move Melton up from position 304 to 109 in the PHTM league table.

So not much change then? :-o

Still below us in Fife (40th @ £6.80) but as a driver wouldn't want the meter showing that much more in one hike.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:47 pm 

StuartW wrote:
Quote:
The new 2 mile daytime fare will be £6.34 up from £5.30. This will move Melton up from position 304 to 109 in the PHTM league table.

So not much change then? :-o

Still below us in Fife (40th @ £6.80) but as a driver wouldn't want the meter showing that much more in one hike.
We were charging close to this 2 years ago without any issues. When the pubs and restaurants opened in May we also changed the hours that we charged the night rate from 23.00 to 19.00 on Friday and Saturday and the only person who mentioned it said "I don't blame you".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:19 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
wannabeeahack wrote:
my start is £10

aint worked for weeks

and you wonder why

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:23 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
have done loads of fares at £2.00 £2.30 etc. this week but our fares haven't gone up since 2012 although i am going to organise a "consultation " with local firms to discuss the possibility of a Stamford only fares table because the very low minimum fare is an issue.

The problem is that our council is very much against any mileage being included in the flag

I am sure they can't block it if 90 percent plus taxis all move over to the new tariff assuming I can get it agreed between the drivers and firms

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:21 pm 

grandad wrote:
The new table of fares has come in to force in Melton. The new 2 mile daytime fare will be £6.34 up from £5.30. This will move Melton up from position 304 to 109 in the PHTM league table.

How many of the local trade are running scared that no one will ever use them again?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:32 pm 

edders23 wrote:
have done loads of fares at £2.00 £2.30 etc. this week but our fares haven't gone up since 2012 although i am going to organise a "consultation " with local firms to discuss the possibility of a Stamford only fares table because the very low minimum fare is an issue.

The problem is that our council is very much against any mileage being included in the flag

I am sure they can't block it if 90 percent plus taxis all move over to the new tariff assuming I can get it agreed between the drivers and firms

Looking at your council's policy you can set any rate you like, provided a copy is on display and a copy has been deposited with the council.

However if all the local firms came to an agreement amongst themselves that might cause a 'cartel' issue.

I would contact a few local councillors and ask them what they suggest to help you achieve an income above starvation levels.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:41 pm 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

How many of the local trade are running scared that no one will ever use them again?

Some are moaning but as I keep saying to them, we have been charging that rate for over 2 years now. The same, or very similar was proposed over 2 years ago but because of a cock up at the Council it had to be dropped. That was when we at our company decided to change to Private Hire. As soon as we had all the vehicles on Private Hire plates we increased the fares to similar to what the Hackneys have just gone up to. We had no issues at all, and as I have already stated we changed the time that rate 2 is charged from 23.00 to 19.00 on Friday and Saturday.
The new table of fares was put on the local facebook groups earlier in the week and not one person complained about the increase but plenty were complaining about some drivers who have been overcharging on jobs for years for instance the price from town to a village has been charged by some drivers at £25.00 without the meter and people have just paid it. The same journey on the new tariff this week is just over £20.00. one driver even charges £40.00 for the same journey because there are so few cabs out atfter midnight on Saturday that they either pay it or face a very long walk.