Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:09 pm 

Or could you? Anyway, I this morning took an elderly customer from the railway station to the hospital.
On the way, he told me that the last time he took a taxi to the hospital he was taken ill on the journey, and the kindly taxi driver helped him out of the taxi and into A&E. he got a nurse to help him, which was nice of him. He asked the nurse if she would go through his pockets for the £7 fare! Which was not nice of him. Under the circumstances I would have let him off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:34 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
Or could you? Anyway, I this morning took an elderly customer from the railway station to the hospital.
On the way, he told me that the last time he took a taxi to the hospital he was taken ill on the journey, and the kindly taxi driver helped him out of the taxi and into A&E. he got a nurse to help him, which was nice of him. He asked the nurse if she would go through his pockets for the £7 fare! Which was not nice of him. Under the circumstances I would have let him off.

you can afford to but could the driver ? maybe he had some big bills to pay and needed the fare ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:10 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:

you can afford to but could the driver ? maybe he had some big bills to pay and needed the fare ?

Seven quid? That won’t pay big bills. Figured out who the driver was. His ambition is to be the richest corpse in Canwick cemetery.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:58 pm 

Could understand leaving a card with a phone number on, but not sure I would have bothered getting the nurse to dig out the money.

But we are all different.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:07 am 

Some older people would be horrified not to pay a bill, the MIL is the same, whatever bills come she pays the same day even if its a 30 day invoice,they grew up in a different age