Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 3:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Stupid ex drivers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:48 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
so three of my drivers refused to go with the new company following the merger and opted to go with MR BS

apparently the deal was zero board rent in exchange for knocking on my customers doors and recruiting them to his outfit which has suddenly gone from 2 to 8 cars (3 of my drivers)

yesterday a lad came to me and asked to go to a village 9 miles away paying on card I said no problem he then piped up would you match their price pointing to one of my ex drivers who had quoted £12.00 :roll:

my answer: NO

So they are paying zero board rent but are discounting the fares by 30 percent

the new company had offered to match the board rent they were paying and the combined companies have a lot of work

so instead they have gone with the biggest [edited by admin] stirrer in the taxi trade who is going to rent an office pay for operators to man it provide 2 way radios etc. etc. all out of the good of his heart for ever !

you have to wonder just how much of a drop in income have they taken to do that and how are they going to make a living on those prices :lol:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: Stupid ex drivers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:56 pm 

If they are stupid, won’t you be better off without them?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:59 pm 

Or if Edders thinks they're 'stupid' or 'thick' because they've got a different opinion to his, wouldn't they be better off without Edders? :D

(And I mean 'better off' in the emotional rather than financial sense.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:01 pm 

Quote:
so three of my drivers refused to go with the new company following the merger and opted to go with MR BS

In some respects it might be good that some try the other firm, cos if it's rubbish they will be able to report back to other drivers that it's not worth leaving.

No firm going from 2 to 8 cars overnight is ever going to have enough work, even taking into account the discounted rates.

But those drivers going to the new firm running at discounted rates are a tad daft, to say the least.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 am 

Oh the joys of the taxi trade.

Funny to hear the fickle nature of drivers and their ignorance of business has not gone away since I left the trade.

I'm guessing you operate in a small town? Say a population under 25,000?

That kind of thing generally only happens in small areas where the pay even with the most lucrative firm is perhaps not that great.

In cities where there is usually a couple of big firms I think it is minimal because the pay is generally better and there are very few start-up companies due to the up-front cost of trying to even make a dent against the big market dominant firms.

It is a lot easier to start a taxi firm in a small town as it can be done with a couple of cars and even with just one.

The problem with that is there is no money to be made running a taxi company unless you get way over 50 cars. That's never going to happen in a small town.

I wouldn't worry. Give it a year or so and it will probably all fall apart.

It's hard enough running a firm with 50 cars let alone 5 or 10. There is just no incentive.

The owner/s will figure that out soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:17 pm 

edders23 wrote:

apparently the deal was zero board rent in exchange for knocking on my customers doors and recruiting them to his outfit which has suddenly gone from 2 to 8 cars (3 of my drivers)

yesterday a lad came to me and asked to go to a village 9 miles away paying on card I said no problem he then piped up would you match their price pointing to one of my ex drivers who had quoted £12.00 :roll:

my answer: NO

So they are paying zero board rent but are discounting the fares by 30 percent

the new company had offered to match the board rent they were paying and the combined companies have a lot of work

so instead they have gone with the biggest [edited by admin] stirrer in the taxi trade who is going to rent an office pay for operators to man it provide 2 way radios etc. etc. all out of the good of his heart for ever !

you have to wonder just how much of a drop in income have they taken to do that and how are they going to make a living on those prices :lol:

thats business

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:57 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
StuartW wrote:
Or if Edders thinks they're 'stupid' or 'thick' because they've got a different opinion to his, wouldn't they be better off without Edders? :D

(And I mean 'better off' in the emotional rather than financial sense.)

They would have been in a more friendly and relaxed business with a good boss and financially much better off rather than working for a rogue who is using them to try and make himself a bigger player after taking 5 years to get to 2 cars

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !