Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:33 pm 

Quote:
At least you've played at Wembley this season ! The curse of big stadiums is that many fans are a long way from the action (and sometimes parts of the pitch obscured by stanchions)

The beauty of Wembley is you can see all the pitch from 99.99% of the seats.

Unless I lived within walking distance I would never ever go to a night game there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:33 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
At least you've played at Wembley this season ! The curse of big stadiums is that many fans are a long way from the action (and sometimes parts of the pitch obscured by stanchions)

The beauty of Wembley is you can see all the pitch from 99.99% of the seats.

Unless I lived within walking distance I would never ever go to a night game there.

I've only been to the old Wembley but in general older stadiums have roof supports which can block the view as did the old Wembley

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:01 pm 

I think Sussex will be out celebrating after they bounced back from a midweek defeat to win 6-0 but have a bit of work to do now to qualify for Europe. Southampton now looked doomed but i think 34 or 35 points might be enough to avoid the drop and it's still anyone's guess as to which 2 will join the Saints

elsewhere Blackpool look as though they are down not that Blackpool the poster is ever on here these days and Chris if you were into footie (which I know you're not) looks like Plymouth are going to finish top elsewhere looks like the playoffs for most of the members teams.

as for my league well it was the Yeltz vs the Tulips in the playoff final finishing 2-1 to the Yeltz after extra time with the crowd over 3500 ! :shock: and the four teams having to play off against lower league opposition all lost at home so Lincoln united drop down to tier 9 after losing at home to the British Aerospace works team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:21 pm 

It could have been 10.

And we started the game with a bench, I estimate, worth the best part of £250,000,000. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:28 pm 

Sussex wrote:
It could have been 10.

And we started the game with a bench, I estimate, worth the best part of £250,000,000. :shock:

didn't show their true value today though :wink:

Apart from the Arab owners league the rest of the leagues have mostly finished apart from a few playoff finals

CC are you pleased with your playoff spot
Nidge are you sick as a parrot missing the playoffs on goal difference
Blackpool/cerberus disappointed or did they deserve to go down ?

come on lets have some one else posting in here for a change

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:28 pm 

Bad day at the office.

But guess what? When I wake up tomorrow I will note that the world hasn't ended. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:34 pm 

Oh dear have the Goofers just blown their title chances :roll:

must pop out tomorrow and wind up some goofers fans :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:49 am 

edders23 wrote:

I hope they don't bounce back next Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:39 am 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

I hope they don't bounce back next Saturday.

3 weeks ago I would have said 36/7 points for safety but now 34 might be enough because I can't see Leicester beating Liverpool and then the following week Everton are away to Wolves who are not completely safe themselves so that will be tricky it could come down to the last game but even if the Goofers do bounce back the clubs below them need 2 wins which is a very tall order

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 6:10 pm 

bet the chairman is well miffed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65626690

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been banned from football for eight months after he accepted breaking Football Association betting rules.

Toney has also been charged £50,000 and warned about his future conduct for 232 breaches of the FA's betting rules.

His suspension starts immediately, but the 27-year-old can return to training with Brentford four months before it ends on 17 September.

He will not be allowed to play again until 17 January, 2024.

In a statement, the FA said: "His [Toney] sanctions were subsequently imposed by an independent Regulatory Commission following a personal hearing.

"The independent Regulatory Commission's written reasons for these sanctions will be published in due course, and the FA will wait to review them before commenting further."

The breaches Toney has been found guilty of took place between 25 February 2017 and 23 January 2021, during which time Toney represented Scunthorpe United, Wigan Athletic, Peterborough United and Brentford.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:04 pm 

This ban should have happened months ago.

The fella indicated a guilty plea but was still allowed to play.

Now three months of his ban will be in a period where there is no football anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 7:52 pm 

well Pete they did it they survived their first season at the top by beating the Goofers to hand Man City the title

And if you are still about Trotsky :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Manure edge closer to a champions league place but Liverpool could still oust them from 4th as for Brighton well their Jekyll and hide season continues can they get into the minor Euro trophy like West Ham did last season and congrats to them for reaching the final

As for Man City well I wouldn't want to bet against them doing the treble

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:10 am 

edders23 wrote:
well Pete they did it they survived their first season at the top by beating the Goofers to hand Man City the title

They certainly put everything into the survival fight. Over the last 6 games only 5 other premiership teams have a better points tally than Forest. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:08 pm 

For all the claims that they won't be affected if your owner is convicted of fraud the future looks bleak as he ain't fit and proper

football club owner guilty of fraud

Fleetwood Town's owner has been found guilty of fraud and money laundering.

A trading standards investigation found Andrew Pilley, of Thornton Cleveleys, mis-sold energy contracts and posted fake customer comments on websites.

The 52-year-old was remanded in custody at Preston Crown Court and will be sentenced at a later date.

A representative for the League One side said the charges did not relate to activities at the football club and the verdict would not affect its future.

Pilley was found guilty of two counts of running a business with the intention of defrauding creditors, one count of false representation and one count of being concerned with the retention of criminal property.

Three other people were also convicted.

Plans 'in operation'
Pilley, who is chairman as well as owner of Fleetwood Town, was listed as a director of Fleetwood-based energy firm BES Utilities, an independent commercial utility supplier which supplies services to businesses.

The firm said it was "important to stress that the convictions in this case relate solely to individuals and not to any company".

"Mr Pilley is no longer employed by any of the companies, and they will continue to trade as normal," a representative said.

Following his conviction, the Fleetwood Town representative said Pilley wanted to "reassure supporters the club will continue to operate as normal" and the verdicts would "not affect the running or future of" the club.

"The club's senior management team and directors have been planning for a number of months for the event of a verdict of this nature," they said.

"A meeting of the club's management has taken place... and plans are already in operation to ensure its business as usual.

"We'd like to reassure supporters charges are solely brought against Andy Pilley and not Fleetwood Town Football Club or any of the businesses attached to the group."

They added that talks had "already taken place" with the English Football League (EFL) and "an announcement regarding the next step will be made in due course".

An EFL representative said it had noted the guilty verdict and would "now discuss the implications of the decision with officials at the club in the context of the Owners' and Directors' Test".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next