Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: back to engineering.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:58 am 

Last week I had to go back to engineering for the first time in a long time. A friend of ours who's son nearly died from cancer a few years ago is now living the dream and is a racing car driver. He is now 12 years old and a UK champion in his class but last week they somehow managed to lose a very important part to do with the wheels. So I borrowed a machine at one of the local companies and managed to make a new part for him. It did the trick because he went and won yesterdays final. I hope he doesn't lose any more bits because I did not enjoy getting my hands all dirty again. :D

Post subject: Re: back to engineering.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:29 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
Last week I had to go back to engineering for the first time in a long time. A friend of ours who's son nearly died from cancer a few years ago is now living the dream and is a racing car driver. He is now 12 years old and a UK champion in his class but last week they somehow managed to lose a very important part to do with the wheels. So I borrowed a machine at one of the local companies and managed to make a new part for him. It did the trick because he went and won yesterdays final. I hope he doesn't lose any more bits because I did not enjoy getting my hands all dirty again. :D

I bet you were loving it really !

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:52 pm 

Good luck to the lad and well done you for helping him on his journey. =D>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:15 pm 

Long before I deemed to enter our trade I worked in a shop next door to an engineer's workshop.

This fella is (he is still about) the cleverest person I've ever met.

He designed and made tools that made loads of the widgets we all use today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:44 pm 

My ex-father in law hand built stationary model steam engines..... shame i got divorced lol

we dont do this stuff now do we...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:23 am 

grandad wrote:

Wow, that sounds like an amazing and touching experience! It's heartwarming to hear that your friend's son, despite facing such adversity with cancer, is now living his dream as a racing car driver at just 12 years old. Becoming a UK champion in his class is a remarkable achievement, and it's fantastic that you were able to play a part in his recent victory.
How did your friend's son manage to become a UK champion in his racing car class at such a young age? More power to him:)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:49 am 

ozzy92 wrote:
How did your friend's son manage to become a UK champion in his racing car class at such a young age? More power to him:)

There are lots of classes and he finished on the podium on many occasions so he scored more points than the other drivers in his class.