Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Taxi Night
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:38 am 
We watched the prigramme, the wife and me.

"now arned you glad you dont work in Manchester"? how would you deal with them?

Fairly tame, remember we are not seperated by a screan!

"you mean its like that for you"?

on a tame night!

she was horrified and she is MD OF A TAXI FIRM!

Yorkie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:07 am 
in my view it was rather tame regarding what really goes on with the younger women of today ,if my wife seen what a woman i would estimate as twenty years old pulled out her bag last week she would have a webcam in my cab ,and my hours would be severly cut, every job has its benefits it wont be in our interests to publisise what our benefits are...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:03 pm 
What did she pull out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:14 pm 

I didn't watch it, but I wish I had now. :wink:

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:02 am 
Anonymous wrote:
What did she pull out?

ill give you a clue she asked me to find the nearest garage to buy batteries, like any normal dundee cabbie i naturally assumed she needed the batteries for a nintendo gameboy sort of thing ,but i could,t see any screen on the object she produced ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:34 am 
scot wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What did she pull out?

ill give you a clue she asked me to find the nearest garage to buy batteries, like any normal dundee cabbie i naturally assumed she needed the batteries for a nintendo gameboy sort of thing ,but i could,t see any screen on the object she produced ...

when you got the batteries did she use it in the cab?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:41 am 
Mty main observation was on the limo. Non of the passengers were wearing seatbelts and drinks were being served. Can I offer alcoholic drinks in my taxi? Can you imagine the carnage of a smash up with up to eight people out of their heads with glasses and bottles in their hands.

The only person trying to implement any law breaking was the traffic warden shifting the limo off a double yellow line with a penalty ticket.

I know my HO's were waiting for some kind of decision to be made on licensing limo's.. anyone know if this is soon to come?
Scanner

Post subject: what did she pull out?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:14 pm 
:shock: :shock: :oops: Scot,what is the matter with you,was you tired or have you forgotten?
It must have been an out of town girl that required batteries for her thigmy,as if it was a Dundee girl,it would be two car batteries or one lorry
battery.
Breed them tough up North.

Regards,
ELLOOK. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:28 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
:shock: :shock: :oops: Scot,what is the matter with you,was you tired or have you forgotten?
It must have been an out of town girl that required batteries for her thigmy,as if it was a Dundee girl,it would be two car batteries or one lorry
battery.
Breed them tough up North.

Regards,
ELLOOK. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted:

Are you sure it was a girl, I hear blokes wear skirts north of the border.

Post subject: Skirts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:28 pm 
Cmon guest,up here men are men and wimmen wear the skirts,OH except
for Tranny Charlie,but he does not count,although led to believe he is a very nice gentleman/woman?,but he does say he has English blood,could be Sussex,s Aunt/Uncle.What says you Sussex,maybe you can get your plate earlier if you change sex,you,ve tried everything else.
:cry: :cry: :idea
North of the Border,down Forfarshire way.:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:39 am 

I can feel a joke, along the lines of and ends "haven't you got nowt smaller hen" coming on... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:56 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Mty main observation was on the limo. Non of the passengers were wearing seatbelts and drinks were being served. Can I offer alcoholic drinks in my taxi? Can you imagine the carnage of a smash up with up to eight people out of their heads with glasses and bottles in their hands.

The only person trying to implement any law breaking was the traffic warden shifting the limo off a double yellow line with a penalty ticket.

I know my HO's were waiting for some kind of decision to be made on licensing limo's.. anyone know if this is soon to come?
Scanner

it came last year!

the circular said they cannot be licensed by traffic commission, and councils may license up to 8 seats

your council are not watching the webb

got wind of it from the Dundee bundle/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:06 pm 

Thanks but from the contents of your posting it seems that this is scottish law you are qouting from.

8 seaters have always been permitted to be licensed by local authorities in the UK. The point is those limos that are over 8 seats. However, can you give more information that you have quoted from as I do not believe that anything has gone through yet.
Scanner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:33 am 
Anything if over 8-seats, and "operated for hire and reward" has to be PSV licensed. It has nothing to do with 1845 or 1976 Acts. It's Transport Act 1981 and ammendments. Councils have no say. Its National Legislation.

If under 8-seats, its the Council's option whether they license them. All Councils have the power to do so, if they choose to so do when adopting the Misc Provs Act.

It is my "view" that many Limo's are operating illegally in a number of ways. Some are operating under Class IV MOT testing for example. Clearly illegal if it has more than 8 seats.

It is also my "view" that both the Councils and TAN are simply ignoring the issue.

What's needed is someone to go for a Judicial Review. But you can pay for that, I aint gonna.

There needs to be a few precedent cases really. Whose gonna take em?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:54 am 
scanner wrote:
Thanks but from the contents of your posting it seems that this is scottish law you are qouting from.

8 seaters have always been permitted to be licensed by local authorities in the UK. The point is those limos that are over 8 seats. However, can you give more information that you have quoted from as I do not believe that anything has gone through yet.
Scanner

it was it appeared a joint circular, and was for england and Wales too, my licensing officer was suprised too!
time for you to research on the transport website its come